Smallest Hammerless Revolver Available Today?

Discussion in 'Handgun Talk' started by kyredneck, Mar 11, 2009.

1. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Anyone know what that would be? Not concerned with weight, it's how concealable it is (size). Calibur is not as important as size either. An LEO buddy loves his S&W 642, I do too, and may go that route, but I'd just like to know what else is available out there today. Any DA .32s? Or what else?

Thanks.

2. DCcatfisher

DCcatfisher New Member

State:
    North Carolina

3. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Love that revolver :smile2:

To bad they will want over $500 bones for it :sad2:

4. thunt713

thunt713 New Member

State:
    winfield m
    NORTH AMERICAN ARMS make serval little pocket revolvers pretty cool:wink:

5. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Kevin, thanks for the link to the Ruger LCR, it appeals to me more than the S&W 642, but as Paul pointed out, retail is nearly $800! I don't know, maybe I'm showing my ignorance here, but why won't/can't they manufacture a small framed (actually undersized frame) double action only revolver of VARIOUS CALIBURS (progressively diminishing in size w/calibur of course) that is NOT built for durability but concealibilty? For instance, I already know how to shoot. I don't need or want a handgun for both carry and shooting. For carry, I want the largest calibur possible on the smallest frame possible, never mind that it will wear out quick if I shoot it a lot; I don't want it for shooting, I want it to be as small and light with as much bang as possible. Maybe what I want is gravitating towards the disposable, one time use, handgun. I guess that would never fly with the powers that be.

I've carried NAA .22 & .22 mag min-revolvers for years; one's in my pocket as I type this. These are single action revolvers that require hammers; I'm interested in hammerless (double action only (DAO)) revolvers at this time. But thanks.

6. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
  7. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Jack, I'd rep you for that info cause that .357 COP sounds real close to what I'd like to have; but God only knows why I've exhausted reps to you right now?!? (damn yankee)

8. mcseal2

mcseal2 Active Member

State:
    Kansas
    I got my hands on one of the new LCR rugers today for the first time, they are pretty much as small and light as you get frame-wise. The grip is a little bulkier, but should help recoil alot in a gun that small. The price on it was $469. I am looking to buy a concealable pistol too, something smaller and easier to hide than my SP101. I don't know how you plan to carry it, but even these revolvers are to big for a jean pocket.

I hate dropping to a 380 auto, but I am leaning toward a LCP with the crimson trace lasergrips. Hornady has come out with the flex tip ammo I have heard great things about. 10-12" of penetration out of a 90gr 380 with 25-30% expansion. You can find them on Gunbroker for $500-550 with the lasergrip. Should do until I can get back to the truck where the big guns are.

9. NJ CLAD

NJ CLAD New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I own several pistols with CT Laser grips. Great for low light but only for the first shot,(which is enough reason to use them IMHO) but hard to pick up for follow up shots. So don't skimp on sights on you defense gun, they are much faster for follow up shots. I like the combo of CT grips with XS Large tritium dot for the sights. My next favorite sight would be the TRU GLO tritium, fiber optic combo. As far as a DAO revolver, you can't beat that small Ruger. I don't know what you can afford, but spend as much as you can on quality defense guns, you and your family are worth the investment!!!!!! If I were trying to buy a revolver on a budget I'd look at the Rossi 5 shot 38 special. S&W grips will fit (I'm told), so you could still purchase the Crimson Trace. You could probably get into it grips and all for $400, and still have a reliable, shootable, self defence revolver with the laser. I hope this helps!

10. canebreaker

canebreaker Well-Known Member

State:
    Southaven,MS
    Charter arms has a small 4 shot 38 spl. 2 fingers covered the grip.
    Last 1 I saw was $125.

11. mcseal2

mcseal2 Active Member

State:
    Kansas

Do you know where you saw this, or what the name of the model was? I would be interested in looking at one, but I didn't see it listed on their website. Thanks!

12. canebreaker

State:
    Southaven,MS
    It was new in box, in a pawn shop, southaven, ms.
    Our gun stores are pawn shops.
    It was about 1995 to 2000.
    Almost bought one.

13. thunderchicken

thunderchicken New Member

State:
    Yuma Az
    I have one of the Rossi 5 shot .38 revolvers and I really like it. Would be interesting to see how Ruger could make a 6 shot revolver in a smaller size than the Rossi.

:cool2:

14. canebreaker

State:
    Southaven,MS
    We looked at a Rossi .38spl, 3 1/2 barrel, 5 shot, chrome in a pawn shop for 200.00. Very small gun, fit flutterby's hand great. The chrome is what turned us off.

15. NJ CLAD

NJ CLAD New Member

State:
    Arizona
    They make it in blue. What is wrong with chrome, anyway? It will not rust.

16. canebreaker

State:
    Southaven,MS
    It was a pawned gun.
    Not taken good care of.
    I've had my gun since '91,
    it shows wear, but not like
    this one.
    I've seen some at shows like
    mine, but looked totally
    worn out for twice I paid.

17. doublesharp

doublesharp New Member

State:
    Indiana
    You have to hunt, but S&W made a mod 432 airweight hammerless 6 shot 32 mag. Smith discontinued the model about 2006-7. I bought one from Bud's guns in Paris Ky for $310 on a clear out. Now they bring 400-450 but they are sweet. Can shoot S&W longs or H&R 32mag or even 32 shorts and with the 32 mag you've got decent self defense power. Here's a pic of mine.

[​IMG]

18. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    May not be the smallest, but my wife packs this S&W .38 SPL.

I wouldn't want her to have anything smaller.

19. jer__man

jer__man New Member

State:
    Kingwood Texas
    Check out the Taurus 38 spl stub nose carry revolver. Comes with or without hammer. Bass Pro has them now for less than $400.00.