Small Winter Projects

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by BobbyLee, Jan 17, 2009.

1. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Anyone got any winter projects to keep you occupied during this cold and the off season. Fishing projects, house projects, gagrage, anything at all?

Been sitting here during the last week working on drift buckets, rod holders,(still need paint on em') Bait bucket with spring action door. Still have to get the material for my trolling bar to mount my holders. Few pics so far. No pics of bait bucket yet but will post em' when completed.

Let's hear what you guys have been up to....

Attached Files:

2. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Gonna try to work on this old boat I started rebuilding last winter. Problem being I didn't work on it much then, and probably won't this winter either. LOL.

3. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I've been tying up jigs and rigs for catching skipjack. Tying up cat rigs made some rod holders for bank fishing. Winter and cold weather drives me nuts:sad2:

4. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    been respooling reels,cleaning junk outta my tackle boxes casting some weights and spending alot of time here i'll usually fish in about any weather but not in -9 degrees

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    My cabin fever work consists of cleaning reels, spooling line on the reels, making weights, and getting the terminal tackle updated or purchased. I also clean my rods and put guitar polish on them for extra potection.

6. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Thanks Mickey !! A good coat of wax would protect the rod.

7. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Glad to hear everyone is trying to stay busy and getting ready for Spring. I know it can't get here soon enough for me. I still have things to do yet also; such as cleaning reels, making sinkers, snelling hooks, spooling new line, Install new lighting on boat as the weather warms. No way am I getting out there to do it now.....

8. brew1961

brew1961 New Member

State:
    West Virgi
    So far I have, Molded sinkers,bought new rod & reels, spooled line on them, snelled hooks,packed them in crack bags (LOL), built a four rod holder out of PVC, painted it to match the boat. I still need to purchase three more reels and I'm getting a Humminbird 798c HD. Once I get the new fish finder I'll have to mount it. So I'll be busy till spring. Take-Care, Tim

9. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Looking forward to trying some of your beer Tim. I'll take a dozen kegs please...

10. brew1961

brew1961 New Member

State:
    West Virgi
    Bobby, Thanks I hope you like my web page if you checked it out. I have to say all my friends like my beer. Thats another one of my hobbies. LOL Take care, Tim

11. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Tim, I'm hooking up the boat and loading the family up, coming down to be your neighbor. Howdy........

12. brew1961

brew1961 New Member

State:
    West Virgi
    LOL Bobby, you missed out they just sold the house next to me! Peace, Tim

13. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    I can park the camper in the backyard right?

14. brew1961

brew1961 New Member

State:
    West Virgi
    LOL, always room!:big_smile_2:

15. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Much appreciated Bro. Break out the turkey fryer on our way. lol...

16. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    The cabin fever is getting to me too! 3 months, no work & no pay!:sad2:
    Join the "CFBC"! (cabin fever brothers club).:smile2:

17. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    well all my poles are geared with new line and ready, i completed my bait tank project, i have a couple things to do to the boat but thats gonna wait for some 50 deg days

18. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    What did you make your bait tank out of Lenny? Got any pics you can post. Still have to make one myself, but waiting til I move in March. No room here for one without a basement or garage...

19. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100034

20. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Nice job on the tank Lenny. Thinking about making mine out of a plastic drum. As I want something round to keep shad in...