Small pontoon boats

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by laidbck111, Aug 29, 2006.

1. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Has anyone ever had are fished from one of these are something simular?

www.pondking.com

I was looking around for a smaller one are two man boat and found these. I think they are kind of neat. But for the money I can get a 16 foot jon.

2. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    FWMUD had the lake pro or one like it.
    He sold it for ??? I think around 1400.
    It would be cool for some places and dont take a great big motor.

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Yeah I was looking for something small to putt around in some coves and pond fish in when I saw these. It looks like I may be getting a 1648 for fishing without the family. The wife is wanting a 20 plus foot pontoon but can't are won't make-up her mind as to which one. I voted for a tri-toon, but will wait to see.

4. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    my dad has a little 2 man plastic pontoon boat that we bass fish from, its kinda cramped at times but it does well over all, i wouldnt catfish from it but it works well for bass

5. bubbajum

bubbajum New Member

State:
    Monongahel
  6. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Our weight + equipment adds up mighty fast for us BIG fellows.Also,be very cautious in big gator country.It won;t float a BIG gator that wants your fish.I saw a gator lay claim to one of those plastic type pond boats that was pulled up to the bank while the owners decided to go for dinner.He decided to stay and sun.The owner and his buddy had a time convincing that gator who was the owner of that boat.They loaded up and left.I was looking forward to watching him crawl aboard while they were out in the pond.Not only are our Fort Stewart solders tough,they are well trained.They know when to attack and when to retreat.peewee-williams

7. oldprowler

oldprowler New Member

State:
    Mannford, Oklahoma
    I saw both models of the Pond King at the Tulsa Boat and RV show last spring. They looked like they were very well put together and that quite a bit of thought had gone into their construction to make them actually a fishing boat rather than just a toy. Their rated weight carrying capacity seemed quite reasonable too.

8. bubbajum

bubbajum New Member

State:
    Monongahel
    What is the price of the Pond King?

9. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I made one of the small ones. Look in the libary to see how I made it. I use a el. trolling motor and it works out well. I only use mine for ponds. Might be cheaper to make one. And it can be done in a week end.
    Bill

10. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

4500 and up for the pond king, river king price was not shown

11. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Those small pontoons are pretty neat but I can't see me giving up my 3 seater jon boat

12. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Yeah I thought they were pretty neat also, but for that money I can get a 1648 jon for what I am wanting to do.

13. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Never have used one myself but have seen them in action. Planning on getting one from this company for our organization

http://www.rettey.com/

14. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Those look good too. would you happen to know a price range?