Small Ponds

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by rhuffman, May 14, 2009.

1. rhuffman

rhuffman New Member

State:
    pa
    I normally fish the Mon but took the past few days off because of these raging waters. I went to the two small ponds down behind Peters Creek with my kid for some bass and gills. The place was loaded with small gills, two three inches. Just for shits and giggles I threw one on my cat rod and tossed him out. I had a seven pound flatty in less than thirty minutes! I didn't even know there were cats in there. I went back and threw some cut the next day and landed two nice channels. Guess you can't write off any waters without tryin them.

2. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    the small ponds can be productive i hit a few small farm ponds and i'm always surprised at what i get out of them i've got some of the biggest gills out of one pond and couldnt help thinking if it could be a state record but i'm to lazy to inquire lol usually throw them back

3. mattr

mattr New Member

State:
    PA
    i found a spot by a local river that I never knew was there, it's sorta dammed up and a large pond/small lake was the result.... they call it a desilting basin...

heard that there are some channels in it, gonna go hit it up tonight see if I get numbers or size... either would be nice, just no skunk please o please

4. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    yep, thats one thing i like so much about fishing, it can get you off garde at times, and it allway changeson you. nice fish in your advar mattr

5. mattr

mattr New Member

State:
    PA
    thx, erie tribs steelhead from this year... was supposed to head up to the salmon river this weekend, butttt gonna take my little cousin to a fishing derby locally

i figure i could use the good karma

6. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

You never know where someones stocked some cats.I see a lot of people taking cats from some of the rivers and lakes I fish to stock em in some smaller waters.I guess you never know till you try.:big_smile: