small fish, big bait????????

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by catfish1083, Jun 9, 2009.

1. catfish1083

catfish1083 New Member

State:
    georgia
    ok i went to the river this past weekend and i i got in to a mess of small fish and i was set up for big ones. there was no way that they could eat the hook aqnd they would try and pick the bait off. i was wondering if these smaller fish feeding would cause bigger ones to come in:eek:oooh:

2. freakyfish

freakyfish New Member

State:
    florida
    I would say more than likely they won't.I would move to a different location.Big one's hide most of the time alone or grouped with bigger one's.

3. catfish1083

catfish1083 New Member

State:
    georgia
    thanks man that helps alot

4. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

What kind of cats?I wouldn,t give up on a good looking spot without a little more investigation.I,ve caught a #20er right after three or four 5-10 lbers.:wink:

5. catfish1083

catfish1083 New Member

State:
    georgia
    it was a mixed bag of channels and blues. also i was fishing on a channel ledge in open water.

6. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have had times when I threw in and could see that small fish were getting in to my bait and had a large fish come and take it, but that is very rare in my experience. I find most of the times that I have small fish trying to take the bait I don't get anything but small fish.

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN

Dustin, I am going to have to agree. If your fish were smaller than 5 pounds it is not common to get a big one in the same hole............................EXCEPT.................................. when you are fishing an area that channels the fish. Kind of a natural highway or chokepoint.

8. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    just the other nite i was in to a dozen smaller flatty's 4-10# till i picked up a 22#, this time of year the bigger ones seem ta be on the hunt for a bedding spot and the little guys are on the move more, just my two cents:wink: