small dog

Discussion in 'Hunting Dogs Talk' started by Steven Armstrong, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    i sure would like to have a small dog that i could take out on the boat this winter cat fishing,can anyone suggest a breed of dog that can take the cold ? i know a lab. will stand the cold weather, i wonder if there is a small breed of dogs that are being or were in the past a dog to retreve water foul?

2. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Steven you have over-looked an option here........ What you need is a pet CAT to take every where & i happen to know where to "score" one at:eek:oooh::wink::tounge_out:

3. Philiagorillia

Philiagorillia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Beagles are pretty hearty little dogs, i had one when i was a kid, he would play with me out in the snow for hours at a time, during the hottest months of the summer, same thing, wouldnt go in till i did.

4. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    no cats for me sam, i guess chinese food has turned tainted me on cats:wink:

5. derail

derail New Member

State:
    kansas
    I've got a rat terrier that's pretty tough. He loves the snow and cold.

6. Leiter

Leiter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Patterdale terrier, Check out a kennel in Tn, called Masons. These dogs are tough as they come bar none. Might be Lb. for Lb. the toughest little dogs around today(breed as a whole). They come smooth coat, or a long coarse coat.

7. BailBonds

BailBonds New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Jack Russel TERROR! Toughest most fearless SOB I've ever had. They come in a variety of sizes and coats. You won't have a rat, mouse, chipmunk or squirrel within a 1/4 mile. Mine jumped out of a moving truck window at 30 MPH to chase a big dog. She rolled and didn't miss a step. But do not try to keep with another dog around especially 2 females. Only 1 will survive. If you have a barn it will never have rodents.