small crappie

Discussion in 'Fishing Bait Review' started by eric2006, Oct 10, 2009.

1. eric2006

eric2006 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    anyone do any good fishing with smaller crappie or even use them??

2. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I prefer the ones size of a credit card:wink:

3. Branj796

Branj796 Member

State:
    Illinois
    I would but it is illegal where I live. Definately a flathead favorite. They all love them.

4. Skunk_Ape

Skunk_Ape New Member

State:
    tenn.
    There's a 10" minimum size limit for crappie here, so it's illegal. But yes, back pre-1980 when there were no size or number limits on crappie, lots of people used them for bait. They're as good as bluegill for big fish. One time I netted a wounded bass with a landing net that was having a hard time swimming. He (or she) had about a 4" crappie lodged in his/her gullet.

5. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    flatheads love'm.i've used from 3 to 10 inches,some people go bigger,over that i'm gonna eat'm myself.i think a cat takes a crappie quiker than he does a bream.:0a23:

6. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    Crappie make excellent flattie bait,I prefer 5 to 8 inch crappie for baits myself,make sure they are legal where you live.I like to float them around rock and rubble piles.

7. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    I think Crappie are one of the better Flathead baits out there, i like white crappie though, they seem to catch the attention of the cats, where a black crappie is more camoed in darker water. i dont know if it's their scent or their flash but crappie are good bait.