Small catfish

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by countrycat15, Apr 25, 2006.

1. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    hey guys,just wondering does anybody like just pulling out the fairly lite gear and catching catfish in the 1-15 pound range.

2. curtis

curtis New Member

State:
    california
    Any cat is a good cat!

3. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I love to catch eaters and just enjoy. We often fish the city ponds and large cats are like hens teeth. But a mess of fiddlers is a great evening. Also so real good eats. I dont freeze much fish so when I get a meals worth I stop or just catch and release. Makes a nice trip and some lipsmacking good times later.

4. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    I dont really fish for the big ones, but it would be nice to catch one. I like catching the 2 -5 lb ones they are the best eating. Haven't been catching anything but real small ones the last few times out.

5. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    Light line is how i like to fish any time im not in a tournament, and even sometimes if i know that there aren't 30 lb fish in the waters (disheartening to lose a big fish in a tourny situation)... My biggest yet on 4 lb test was 8 lbs... but i know i've gotten bites from larger... Had one fish almost take off w/ my rod on the holder (3 rod holder kind of like the y sticks, bass pro's website) and bend the rod holder when the reel got caught on the holder then break off unfortunately

6. OBXterraSC

OBXterraSC New Member

State:
    NC (Fort Sill, OK right now)
    Small ones make good eats, for sure. If they're big enough to bite, they're big enough to eat! I've even had fried 6-10 inchers whole and they were great!

7. back channel

back channel Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I will take any size cat that takes the bait. As long as I am catching then it is a good day.

8. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Cats in the 3-8lb range are really fun on my ultralight smallmouth fishing pole with 6lb test.

9. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    great posts guy thats mostely what i catch around here is eaters

10. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Light line will catch fish, if u know what u is doing.