small blues channels flats in your aqwareium

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by slikk03, Aug 1, 2009.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    well, i got a small channel in an qwerim about 4 inches,i want to put a blu and a flat in with em the same size will this work,im going to get a blue somewere but i dont know ow fast they grow, i was told they wont outgrow there inviroment,but i was also told yes they will

2. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Blues tend to go pretty quickly.. may have to really read up on them.. but that channel should be just fine in there.. what size tank ya got?

3. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    its a 5 galle tank, but its just a temarary tank,i plan on getting a small flathead for a pet and a blue,, just not shure what to feed the channel, or how much, the blue and the flat will be later

4. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Where do you find a aquarium sized flathead or blue catfish?

5. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I think when you get all 3 in there,one night you,ll go to bed and wake up with just 1 fat flattie in the morning!:smile2::tounge_out::crazy:

6. outdoors1988

outdoors1988 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    i caught a small blue today about 4 inch's in my shad net and i caught a 1 inch flat head in my fish livewell that i have in the boat dock. I have a pic of the small catfish but can't put it on here right now pm me and i will try to get u that pic

7. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    no pat i will not put the flat with the channel and blue there to mean

8. WV_Catfisherman

WV_Catfisherman New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    ive had aquariums all my life, both freshwater and saltwater, so i know alot about keeping fish. if your not gonna keep the flathead with the chanel and blue, your gonna need 2 aquariums in the 200+ gallon size. fish will outgrow there enviroment, and your going to have a really good filtration system for both tanks because of the large amounts of waste these fish will produce and all the food you will have to feed them to keep them alive. a 5 gallon tank isnt big enough for the chanel you have now. my advice, before you spend a bunch of money and then your fish die, would be not to do this. your gonna waste your time and money. but if you really want to do it, shoot me a private message and ill help ya all i can.