Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents, bought an Avenger ABF-1000 back in November for my Slimecat Ice Rod. Finally spooled it up a few minutes ago and noticed the clicker totally sucks lol Do any of you guys know a company that makes a baitfeeder in the 1000 or 2000 size? If not I'm still going to use it, just wanted a setup I could hear and not have to pay attention at all times. I know I should've gone with a baitcaster but I prefer spinning for ice fishing. Other than the sound of clicker it feels solid and balances out pretty well. Let me know
Font Space Electric blue Advertising Logo
Hand Automotive lighting Bicycle part Automotive tire Finger
Luggage and bags Bag Sneakers Plant Auto part

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
The only small baitfeeders I know of are the avenger or the Chinese ones you see on ebay and Amazon. I think outside a couple niche groups of anglers, there just not enough interest in baitfeeders for companies to produce a full line of them.

Reactions: ramon06

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yeah I figured. I see most companies start at the 3000s and up. I mean didn't expect much from a 1000 but I thought I'd at least be able to hear it if I was 20' away lol. I was hoping to get Sharky III level. They don't have a 1000 either. Oh well, still going to enjoy it. Very solid reel so far. I'm sure it'll be awesome bottom fishing for shell crackers and bullheads when not ice fishing
The only small baitfeeders I know of are the avenger or the Chinese ones you see on ebay and Amazon. I think outside a couple niche groups of anglers, there just not enough interest in baitfeeders for companies to produce a full line of them.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have a couple of these. The only thing you will regret is the sound of the clicker. I also have Avenger-ABFs in several larger sizes, and the clicker isn't loud in any of them. Other than that they have been very solid reels. I have used them for several years with no complaints or issues. I don't know of any other bait-feeders that are worth the money in this price range. I tried a Kastking Sharky 3000 a couple of years ago and nothing but trouble with it. Returned it twice and just ended up throwing it in a box. For some reason the rear drag(for the bait-feeder) and the front drag wouldn't work as needed.

·
Registered
Josh from Alabama
101 Posts
Okuma Ceymar might be an option. It is the step up from the Avenger. They have them in the 500 and 1000 size. They also have a tactical green special edition one. I know Billy on YouTube has used the Ceymars before. Maybe someone can chime in that has used them before.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts