small bait tanks

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by dinkbuster1, Feb 9, 2006.

1. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i was browsing the library last night looking at the different bait wells/tanks, and was quite impressed at the inventions us catfishermen come up with. thought i'd submit mine also. i usually catch my bait on the way fishing so i really dont need anything large, and i usually just take gills, suckers, chubs, bullheads, carp, etc so all i need is something to get them from point A to point B where i then transfer to my bait buckets. I dont even bother with trying to keep shad alive. below are pics of my bait cooler, no need to explain how to make you should be able to figure it out. although if you notice i did not glue the sprayer pipe on so i can clean out the debris if needed. the pump system just lays in the cooler and can be just lifted out. think i kept 100 pcs of bait in this once for 24hrs.

Attached Files:

2. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    and below are pics of my "bait bucket". i use this if im just transpoting less than 60 pcs of bait. i use a 6-1/2 gallon bucket instead of a 5, more room in a 6-1/2. to attach a pvc elbow to the outlet on the pump just wrap some electrical tape on the outlet and screw the elbow on. mine has been holding for 2 years now. i make the top arm wide enough to fit snug aboy an inch below the rim, wont move then and you can still install a bucket-lid or seat to keep water from splashing out.

Attached Files:

3. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i also attach 120v plug ends on all my pump wires and have installed a powerstrip that i converted in the back of my blazer which is ran to a toggle switch and then to my fuse block. i also have a hook-up on my boat ran from the battery. if i want to keep bait at the house overnight i have an old 12v battery charger that i installed a receptacle on. if you also do this make sure you inform whoever NOT to plug it into the wall!

Attached Files:

4. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    thats really cool dink it kinda looks like the one my dad and i have hooked up here.

5. Rockjumper

Rockjumper New Member

State:
    Parker,Pennsylvania
    I really like your 12volt power strip idea. You are a true inventioncatman! I will have to give you a rep point later, it says I have to spread the love to other places!LOL.

6. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    Thanks,dink. You've got my creative juices running full blow. :thumbsup:

7. bill_gfish

bill_gfish New Member

State:
    st. marys, oh
    Cool setup. In post #3 and pic (connector 3) it looks like the wire has some burn marks in it. Being I am a pro at all things electrical I would have burned my vehicle to the ground trying any of that.

8. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    LOL, no that is just spray-paint overspray, you had me go out and look at it just to make sure. i cut out all the rust and replaced with new metal on that truck last winter and touched up some bare spots with black spray-paint.

9. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    do you realize what you've done Dink???? You got me going on bait tanks again and now im going to have to buy more supplies and make a larger one... thank you :0a31: :grin-big:

10. flatcatnightmare

flatcatnightmare New Member

State:
    south east Indiana
    cool livewell, I really like the power strip,heres a pic of my homemade livewell, hope ya's like it.

Attached Files:

11. flatcatnightmare

State:
    south east Indiana
    heres another pic showing pump

Attached Files:

12. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    some real cool ideas there. to bad i dont use any live bait. i have two livewells on my boat that is what i would use if i did though one of the livewells. but for shore fishing hmm maybe for keeping my fish alive when i do shore fish. maybe have to make me one now.

13. flatcatnightmare

State:
    south east Indiana
    this a pic. of it with the lid

14. flatcatnightmare

State:
    south east Indiana
    lets try this again , heres the pic. with the lid.

15. flatcatnightmare

State:
    south east Indiana
    sorry I dont know why it wont upload ?

16. flatcatnightmare

State:
    south east Indiana
    new size for photo hope ot uploads

Attached Files: