slugs?

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by brinley45cal, Jun 24, 2008.

1. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    At night i can go on the front porch and find these slugs crawling around.My question is do they make good bait?Has anyone used them with any success?Im curious because if they work ill be in business cause theres a bunch out there.

2. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I new a guy who wasted a whole day fishing with them:angry:. If you have plants getting eat up by them put a ring of pennys around them . the copper creates a electric charge that will keep them away .

3. Philiagorillia

Philiagorillia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have used them before with ok results, mainly catches really small channels and blue gills....

4. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    I've heard of slugs being used as baits before but never tried them myself. But ya never know till ya try.

5. NewMexicoCatfisher

NewMexicoCatfisher New Member

State:
    Alameda, New Mexico
    They work for bullheads.:cool2:

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Have never used them as bait, but I sure hate those little suckers.

Try this::wink: take a small bowl and fill it about half way full of BEER. The beer attracts the slugs and then...............................the beer dissolves the slugs into nothing!! Is quite cool and worth observation. Good luck slug hunting

7. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    WHAT!? waste a beer on a slug?Thats just unamerican right there.Lol the thing is i dont even drink so i just pour salt on the little suckers.:wink: