Slugs outdose them all....amazing

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by Bad_fisherman21, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Bad_fisherman21

Bad_fisherman21 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i went fishing in a creek outside of freeburg yesterday.got there at the 6 and starting fishing between me and a buddy we had 4 poles(2 each of course). We were using shrimp and worms from 6 to 8 caught nothing...we jumped in his car went to the store and bought some chicken liver and we decided to try some of the slugs we had found around the creek....10 minutes later we were up 2 catfish and the biggest of the two was 7 pounds roughly....guess what the slug caught it ahahaha the chicken liver caught the second and it was about 1 and a half pounds. Not an amazing day but considering the fact that in 10 minutes we caught those 2 fish when we didnt catch anything on worms and shrimp is pretty amazing to me....even more amazing is that the fish of the day was on the easiest bait to find slugs hahaha anyway figured id share this trip with you was pretty interesting to me:wink::big_smile::big_smile:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
  2. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Ryan the fish sure have a taste for different baits from day to day that's for sure. Thanks for the post an congrats on the catch. Fish on!

3. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Keep that in mind next you see a grasshopper hatch and they thick up in the weeds, or mullberry tree hanging over the water :wink:

4. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    I always did wonder how slugs would do as a bait... that is amusing to say the least! Glad you did some good with them.

5. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    :0a27:

6. Brianh

Brianh Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'll have to keep that in mind!