Slow start for June

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by CBH, Jun 2, 2009.

1. CBH

CBH New Member

State:
    WV
    I went out yesterday evening on the Ohio River Belleville pool for about 4 hours. The water was muddy, trashy and still had quite a bit of current. Surface temp was 70.5 degrees. I only manged two flatheads. The first was 27 1/2" 10 lbs and the second was 35" 20 lb. Both hit cut bluegill. I have a feeling that things are about to slow way down because of the spawn.

2. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on the catches and thanks for the report!

3. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    thanks for the report bud,and i agree, the spawn is comeing soon i beleve.:sad2:some times it can be as bad as winter:angry::angry::angry::smile2::wink:

4. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    We arent getting many big fish at all down this way. To be honest I think the big blues and flats are already on the nest. The action has been great, just not many big fish. We have caught atleast 10+ fish in the last 2 out of 3 outings....Hopefully the bigguns will be ready eat here sometime in the next couple of weeks...:roll_eyes:

5. Deerslayer29

Deerslayer29 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I've been catching alot less fish also in the last few days

6. Deerslayer29

Deerslayer29 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Went down the Gmr this morning and caught 3 fish. All under 10# The big ones have slowed down. Shovels had come off the nests at the GMR and the blues are in. I've caught 3 blues in my last two times out. All 3 in the rocks. Biggest around 12# Headin out in the morning to a deeper hole I know of to see if I can catch one of those bigger shovels thats already spawned out. I'll let ya know.