Slow Season ...

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by RetiredToFish, Dec 24, 2009.

1. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Has not been a great trapping season so far and don't know if it will get a whole lot better. Have had some health issues which have drastically slowed me down ...

Catches to date:
    63 rats
    15 coon
    1 mink
    1 skunk
    4 possums
    2 coyotes

Garry-

2. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm blaming mine on this crappy Ohio weather!LOL I hope things get better here soon. I thought it must just be me doing something wrong but with the snow on the ground I still did not see much sign, that has me a bit puzzled.

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I haven't set a trap.:embarassed: Been seein a big coyote in the same field below the house and may try to get him called up with this fresh snow on the ground. Rabbit eatin sucker needs to go.

4. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Roger .... I am having the same problem in my part of Ohio ... very little sign ... I was over run with coon last year and am having a hard time even finding much sign this year. I looked for sign in the snow this last week with very little results except for deer and they are every where.

Last year couldn't keep the mink out of my traps and this year I got one the first day and he was in terrible shape and haven't caught another one.

John ... I have had several things going on this year with helath and now I have what the Dr. thinks is a pinched nerve in my back ... after I walk about 20 to 25 yards I have to stop and rest. It sure take all of the enjoyment out of trapping.

Garry-

5. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    Well it started pretty good.
    Then the weather set in.
    I haven't set a trap since the 2nd week in Dec.
    We have basicly another month to trap.
    Gotta buy my 2010 licence though.
    59 coon
    3 fox
    5 possum
    3 skunks

I was saving the ponds til the last of the season but all have melt ice on them.I broke thru yesterday so I don't guess the rats will be trapped this year.
    I need to do a little prospecting before I call it quits but its probably over for me this year.
    I still might try some hay sets for yotes.

Have a good 1
    just

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009