Slow rise on the MO River

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by MoCatfisher, Sep 21, 2007.

1. MoCatfisher

MoCatfisher New Member

Well the river is on a slow rise, guess we know where Eric and his chauffeur Branden will be tonight...:wink: Good luck...travel safe...

2. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Boat's already packed and ready to pull as soon as I get home from work:wink: I've got to be somewhere tomorrow night, so hopfully we can get on them tonight.

3. MoCatfisher

MoCatfisher New Member

grinning...now how did I know that? :wink:

4. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen

Good luck Branden! It's been so long since I've been on the river, I cant remember how to get there!

Going to hit it hard this weekend though.

5. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I'm putting in at Lexington, probably around 6PM. You're more than welcome to come along if you want. We'll make the kid catch bait:wink: I found a couple of interesting spots last weekend that look like there ought to be fish or two in.

6. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri

I will be runnning out of Waverly tonight. Good Luck, And Don't Pee in the water cause Im down stream. LOL
    :crazy:

7. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I'm running down river probably 8-10 miles. If you head up river and see a big, brown jon stop and say "hi". I'll try to remember you're down there:wink:

8. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Good luck tonight guys! I hope to read a few fish stories by tomorrow.

9. rodenberg

rodenberg New Member

State:
    missouri
    I'm leaven for waverly in about 20 minutes. I wont be hangin out all night due to the ol'lady is goin and she has to work tommorrow. I'll drift by ya somewhere duck.

10. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    good luck guys, chase a few big ones down this way.......lol

11. rodenberg

rodenberg New Member

State:
    missouri

well I ended up with a big 0. duckalot was just gettin set up when I left and I think he might have gotten a little wet.

12. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Enough I say. Fishing has been tough everywhere since the high water. The fish have to eat sometime. I'm sure they are eating but where?

Tough conditions, when someone figures it out, PM darryl1. LMAO:smile2:

13. rodenberg

rodenberg New Member

State:
    missouri
    I crused around alot this after noon and could not find fish anywhere on the sonar. I started at about noon on the grand river near chillicothe and then went to waverly. I couldnt find anything. last week the only fish I caught was in behind I big L dike almost totally shut of from the river. I am gonna go again tommorrow but I am loosing hope.

14. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Grasshoppers Darryl :eek:oooh:

15. midmocat

midmocat New Member

State:
    MO
    I found them on my part of the river took a day or two. Fall is here air temp don't show it but the fish do.

16. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Tight Lines Fellers.

Doug thats a heavy beamed 10 in your new avatar. You get him already this year?

17. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Three years ago Cuz. I found his big brother last year, but things just didn't work out. Hoping to see him again this year.

18. skinner

skinner New Member

State:
    missouri
    slow rise om the missouri my A$$ i was out at the bottoms last night from 7pm to 8am today and the is risein so slow in 13 hour i never saw it rise more than a foot. got bits all around but nothing worth sayin any thinng about

19. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well it wasn't a total skunk feast but it was close. Caught a three pound channel cat and one Blue that would have went between fifteen and twenty. Other then that no other bites all night. And I fished one of my honey holes from 3:00 am till 8:00 am this morning and came up with nothing.
    And yes we did spend about an hour under a tarp. Rain blew over around 10:30 pm. and the rest of the night was great. I am with the rest of you guys, fishing here is pretty discouraging at best.

:cool2:
    Good Luck From the Duck

20. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Wish I could say the fishing was better by Lexington last night, but it wasn't. Fished from about 7 last night till 1 this afternoon and caught 1 little channel. Not even any bites to speak of. Oh, well, I'll figure out the fall pattern by Christmas or so:wink: Maybe. I hope. Please.

Not all my fault though, had a severe anchor malfunction, so I was limited to fishing either where I could beach the boat or or tie off. That's my excuse, anyway.:big_smile: