Slow Night on the Mississippi

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Shutupandfish, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Shutupandfish

Shutupandfish New Member

State:
    Missouri
    SLow night on the river last night one 15# and one 25#. My partner had one break off that looked to be a giant. Didnt get to see it though, broke off before we could get a look at him. But hey any night on the river is a good night for me.

2. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    There's going to be tough nights on the river Josh for sure. Sorry to hear ya lost a good one. Those things happen.

I'm hearing real good reports from guys from Stl on south 20 miles. The fish are out in the channel due to the water levels falling hard. Got one report of 400 pounds in one day! Might wanna look to the channel more if your levels up that way are doing what ours our.

Keep after em my man. Only so many places they can be hiding. Lol

3. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    Those are the things i like to hear. a little tidbit like them being in the channels will help people catch more fish.

4. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Just about everybody I know will help you out with patterns Patrick. If your south of Saint Louis, looking for fish on the channel ledges makes alot of sense with a hard drop. I can only guess That it's a self preservation mechanism the fish posess to keep from being locked into a pool of water that's receeding. Try anchoring up or bumpin/ dragging the channel edges especially those that are just off the main current. Asian carp has been the bait of choice from the folks I've heard from.

5. Andy52

Andy52 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    Your stating just what I saw when the Mrs. and I were out Friday. The fish I painted were laying just behind and below the ledges just off the main channel in water that was in the 25 to 30 ft range. I don't mess with the biggin's much, but I do like scouting them out. I just happy to be able to locate them. Can tell you one thing for a fact, the changing water levels are killing the fishing along the riprap lines.

6. darton2

darton2 New Member

State:
    Evansville, Illinois
    Just logging in and getting a few posts under my belt.

I was fishing south of st. louis around chester illinois. It was just as you described, they were hanging close to the main channel. Just started this line and pole for the flatheads and dang is it fun.

7. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Welcome aboard the BOC and Gateway Cats, Jeremy.

8. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Welcome aboard Jeremy. You will find good people and good info here.

9. buckdoe270

buckdoe270 New Member

State:
    Overland, Mo
    Glad to have you here Jeremy

10. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Jeremy.

11. darton2

darton2 New Member

State:
    Evansville, Illinois
    Thanks guys - I have been searching around and this seems like a really good site with a bunch of info. So much its confusing for me....?>>>:eek:oooh:

Boy this stuff is addicting. I didnt think I could get hooked on this cat pole fishing thing, but dang its all I think about now. Lots to learn.

Got a free pass from the wife (if there is such a thing) and going out tonight after work and giving it a whirl all night.

The river is finally down and looking good so hopefully the bite is on!

12. Scaley Cat

Scaley Cat Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC Jeremy.

13. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
    welcome to the boc jeremy if u need any info this is the place to get it:big_smile: