Slow night in Illinois

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Believer, Jul 8, 2006.

1. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I just got in a few minutes ago from fishing with my brothers. We didn't catch much, just 2 softshell turtles, but hey we had fun!

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

hey brothr any trip to the water is fun, I hope you have better luck next time. You sure Dinkbuster and H2O wasn't near by? LOL

3. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I'm not sure, but I did hear voices down the bank aways & I could've sworn I heard someone say something about heading over to a pay lake! :big_smile:

4. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Yep, Believer, I agree with you it was a real slow night. Ridgerunner caught one channel about 4lbs on a throw line, one little bullhead and several small baitfish. I landed the biggie for the night, one, four inch largemouth, bait. Was a really great night out though.

5. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Went to the miss river below alton dam. Went with bluecatman. It was hard finding bait at first. After dark we found some nice moon eye. Anchored up on several normal productive holes. Caught 2 blues 4 and 8. Also one nice 5 l drum. HeHe I was drummer boy of the evening. Ended up anchoring at the confluence of the MO and MISS rivers and caught 3 more cats. A 14 lb blue ,8 lb blue and a 3 lb channel.

Didnt catch any bigguns but it was a beautful evening to be on the water. Great to spend time with a BOC brother and catch some fish. The barges were really stacked up behind lock 26. Lots of fishing boats out also. They way everyone was moving around I would say the fish werent biting real great.

6. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    Was you with our Quincy brothers? I wish i could have went but i'm working on a farm in Navoo, (ask Kickin_Wing about it) I'll be done with the farm in about three weeks or so, and be down for fair time to show cows and horses with Kickin_Wing and his rabbits, and my sunflowers, then i'll be fishing, hope to see ya there.

7. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Nope, I was with my real brothers. Well, actually I guess the answer is yes, they are from Quincy, & both recently registered as BOC members. :smile2:

Eric

8. East

East New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yeah but you forgot to tell them that i caught the biggest turtle!!!

P.S. hold my pole!!!:big_smile:

9. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    You hold your own pole! :boss:

10. East

East New Member

State:
    Illinois
    That's funny, i don't care who you are!!!

11. Crackr

Crackr New Member

State:
    Indiana
    At any rate, you guys hang in there. It's been slow, at least for me, over here. I'm sure the second half of the year will be more productive than the first. Better luck next time out!!

12. slimy

slimy New Member

State:
    Mattoon, Il
    Good to see your still at it bro .If you ever get a chance hit Cario point where the Ohio and the Missippi river meets .I have seen and caught several nice blues there .Take care Slimy

13. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Hey Slimy good to seee your ugly mug again. HeHeHe
    Just talking about you the other day. Good to see you around yet. While on the Miss river the other nite thought maybe one of the barges going by might have been you.

14. kickin_wing

kickin_wing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hey Eric we need to set up another fishing trip and get all the Quincy boys to come. I am gonna talk to Yeehaw and see when hes in town next and ill get a hold of you and weel do some fishing.

15. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Heck i'm ready to go right now forget yeehaw! LOL J/K:big_smile:

16. slimy

slimy New Member

State:
    Mattoon, Il
    yeah Tim dont get on much anymore im on the boat 8months out of the year when I get home im a little busy lol .We will have to hook up this summer and do a little fishing sometime ..Slimy

17. Darrell

Darrell New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Man Brad, last I heard, Griz said you were down in Kentucky, you sure are one travelin son of a gun. :lol:

How have you been? I've was in the desert for a good long while as you probably know.

Duzan

18. slimy

slimy New Member

State:
    Mattoon, Il
    Well ill be damned how ya been brother ?Havnt seen you for a coons age you need to get ahold of me sometime bro maybe do a little fishing its been 2 years since I fished the wabash maybe we could go scare one out of the water lol.Slimy