Slow day Rend,

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Jnagel, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Jnagel

Jnagel New Member

State:
    Illinois.
    Me and some buddies went to rend lake sunday and man was it slow. It was windy and the water was choppy everywhere. I tried the stumps then finally i pretty much gave up went to the wall and switched from cut bait to good ol' sonnys then 15 min later booom 5Lbs of lunch but nothing else. that one made my day but 5 am till 1 and one fish that just sucks.

2. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    What was the water temp? Water might still be a little cold to get them moving.

3. Jnagel

Jnagel New Member

State:
    Illinois.
    I'm sure not what it was probly hanging around mid 40's. We didnt bring the boat so we were just driving to spots that didnt look so choppy.

4. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Were you at the north end of the lake? I have no help for you for Rend.. I am pretty green still trying to figure that lake out. I don't get much time to play around out there.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jake Welcome to the BOC.

6. Jnagel

Jnagel New Member

State:
    Illinois.
    Thank you mickey, i've been catfishing for two years now and cant get enough of it, when i found the BOC i was like wow i'm home.

7. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    considering the wind and water temp i would think they would deep in the channels and not moving much during the day

8. BIGCAT GarryEads

BIGCAT GarryEads Head Cheese of the USCA!

State:
    Francisco Ind
    Jake,Welcome to the BOC.

BIGCAT GarryEads:wink:

9. Jnagel

Jnagel New Member

State:
    Illinois.
    Thank you brother i think i've found my new online home.