Slow around here!

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by Mi11er, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Has anyone killed any waterfowl? Been slow on the waterfowl site for a while. This is the second weekend of the season and I have not even went yet.:sad2: It has been the busiest year of my life. I was just hoping to live though some of your alls hunts. :wink:

2. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    That's something that John REALLY misses up here as opposed to central/so Arkansas! I have/had some really good pictures I got out of a Blind we called the "the Hotel" that belonged to an operation in our home town, and haven't looked at them in years. I guess they are still in there, though he was guiding at the time and I would go and get shots for the paying hunters, and give them to them mostly, I still have a few I bet :).

Ya'll post pics and stuff when ya go, I'd love to see them if you manage to get some good ones! Like miller I'll just have to live that through the ones that are where they can go!

3. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I have seen some of the blinds from Arkansas. Wow, they take their duck hunting seriously:crazy: If I had a blind with a kitchen in it I would never have to leave the marsh :wink:

4. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    We tried early teal back in september, what a bust that was. I think 2 teal total for 3 outings. It was way too hot, the ducks just weren't here yet. Its been cold here for a couple of weeks now, and the geese and ducks are everywhere. Duck opens this saturday, hopefully it'll stay chilly and the ducks will be moving.

5. fishnvince

fishnvince New Member

State:
    na
    Our season comes in Nov 15th should be a good opener plenty of birds in our area right now. Mostly mallard

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I haven't duck hunted in years . Use to if i killed a deer it was usually when i was in the timber duck hunting. It has to be the coldest, most miserable thing i ever loved. It's no wonder my knees and joints ache from standing in ice water for hours on end. When i guided i didn't get to shoot much other than killin cripples but i love to blow a caller.

7. Bigbluefisherman

Bigbluefisherman New Member

State:
    Missouri

We killed a few Saturday Morning on the river. We didn't get in at Bob Brown CA so we hit the river.

8. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Don't ya just love the poor lines, get up at 2am to draw: Not get in then hunt a place you could have got up at 6 to hunt:tounge_out:

Glad to hear that you got in to some ducks. How is Bob Brown doing? I know Grand Pass is pumping water as fast as they can get it. Hunting most pools already, must be thinking the ducks are going to pile in soon

9. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Now that deer season is over here ,I will be getting with the program,Sending for my free sandhill crane permit and will let yall knowhow we are doin.

10. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    Jess I don't know where you've been hunting but the only day I've gone out was a great one! Of course flooded corn always is. I will be hitting the river tomorrow and I dont expect much but I will post to let you know.
    Good luck!

11. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I didn't say that the hunting was bad. I just said that I couldn't get in:wink: The hunting has been great for everyone that can get in to The Pass. I am going to hunt the river soon, but I would like it to drop a tad. I will wait till I can see the tops of some of the sand bars I know. But, till then I will be trying to get in at Grand Pass

12. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    I've never hunted GP but done real well on the river putting in at Miami boat ramp. I saw several large groups of birds yesterday south of the I-70 bridge. Didn't do too well only had a group of Scaup come in...if you can believe that, they usually won't decoy into my spread very well.

13. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I have been seeing alot of birds on the river now. The geese are starting to get thick on the sand bars.
    I have never been to the Miami ramp, how far is it from grand pass?

14. johnliester

johnliester Active Member

State:
    Hoxie, Kansas
    On the 25th of Oct. my brother and I did some goose hunting during Ks' 2 day early season. With better shooting we would have had limits but we managed 3 big canadas for the morning. They quit flying at 8:30 am, and we never saw another goose that day. A week before we were there duck hunting and I shot 2 widgeon, a gadwall, and a mallard. All with my new over/under 20 gauge! The mallard was right at 40 yards and dropped like a stone.
    Went yesterday evening to our normal goose spot. Lots of birds but with the nice weather they didn't move at all in the evening. The ducks did, but so high the FAA had them on their flight plans. I really don't like warm weather for duck and goose hunting. Hoping for cold and windy for good goose hunting.

15. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    What part of the state are you in?

"So high the FAA had them on their flight plans" LMAO:smile2:

16. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo

As the crow flies it's not very far. Not ever being to GP I'm going to guess it at about a 10 minute drive.