Slob Hunters!

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by flathead willie, Oct 19, 2007.

1. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I went to a new place in the National Forest yesterday to do some bow hunting. There is a little pull off big enough for two trucks to park, then it's foot traffic only. As soon as I got out of the truck, the smell almost knocked me down. Someone had killed two deer, dragged them down to the parking area, cut off the hind quarters from the bigger one, and left the rest laying there. Man, that's enough to pi$$ off the Pope! If I ever catch someone doing that, one of us is in for an a$$ whoopin'.

2. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    I know what you mean about 2 years ago i walked upon 2 dead does that had been shot.they had been laid right beside each other one looked like someone started to gut it and stopped and just left them both where they lay.Made me so mad.

3. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Here Billie, 2 years ago a farm 5 miles East of me the owner found 17 headless bucks in a ravine of his. Obviously poachers in this case, Closer to home, they will gut shoot does and let them run, won't bother to trail and continue to hunt other deer.

4. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    It ticks me off sometimes how people are so disrespectful and just don't care.I was raised if you kill it you eat it ,respect and appreciate your enviorment..........Them people need a lesson out behind the woodshed
    I am a urban boy raised country, that woodshed is nothin nice when pa was ticked fer ya bein stupid..........and ya dont ferget them lessons:beat_brick::beat_shot:

5. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    It's not just us grumpy ol farts sounding off. I know that things like this were just unheard of not too many years ago. We are seeing behavior that people who came from "the wrong side of the tracks" would not do; as they had better upbringing. In fact if ya came from the wrong side of the tracks you wouldn't waste the meat!
    :sad2:

6. catfishjon

catfishjon New Member

State:
    texas
    Slob hunters hurt everyone and the truth of it all is they are nothing but a thief. Dad always said the world had no use for a thief. Turn them in if you can as the fines in Texas are not small. Educate our youth by taking them hunting and fishing and show them the right way to enjoy the outdoors. Catfishjon

7. Big B

Big B New Member

State:
    North Texas
    Thats a bunch of crap. If you take the time to kill it, take the time to dress it and then enjoy the fruits of your labor. Don't kill for fun or poach.

8. brinley45cal

State:
    kentucky
    yeap i was raised if your not gonna eat it then dont shoot it.Unless of course its someone trying to hurt or kill you,that might be a little gross,but you get the idea.

9. flathead willie

State:
    Virginia
    Actually, I shouldn't have called these jerks "hunters". They are just killers. Hunters are a special breed that have more respect for wildlife than that. A true hunter enjoys the challenge of the hunt, not the killing. These deer were poached to begin with. I know what an arrow wound looks like and these deer didn't have them. Gun season isn't in for three more weeks.

10. Zing

Zing Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Its a sad fact but people are outhere that do this, just for fun. If I find out someone is doing this I will turn them in to the wildlife personal. The people that do this just give ammo to orginizations like PETA (Thats another story all in its own.). The largest buck I ever shot with a bow was stolen from me and I found the body the next day with the head cut off. It made me sick to think that someone would do this. I hunt for food and if the chance arises for a nice buck I will take it but not just for the rack.

11. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    We have a wanton waste law here in NM,If ya get caught leaving game in the field .You can loose your hunting privelidges. ,Course Poachers dont read the laws.

12. flathead willie

State:
    Virginia
    We have laws like that here too, but like you said, some folks just don't care. It's a shame that we even have to make it a law. I thought it would be common sense.

13. bad apple

bad apple New Member

State:
    florida
    i am not a trophy hunter but i do hunt for the meat being hog, deer turkey or even squirrels and doves....i prefer sows to boars and does to bucks cause no matter how long you boil that rack it don't soften up...i can't stand to se some jack a$$ waste perfectly good meat...if they don't have any ethics they should just stay out of the woods and let the rest off us enjoy it in peace...these people are the reason why we have so many laws and rules we have to abide by so how is it fair to us.......

14. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Those people are the skidmark of the world, I hate people that make hunters look bad. :angry:

15. brinley45cal

State:
    kentucky
    I agee heck i wont even shoot a doe if its got a fawn with it,knowing the fawn might not make it without the mother.And if its just a small buck i let him walk,some folks will shoot anything that has anything sticking out of its head.

16. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i would give my left &%# to get my hands on someone doing some stupid crap like that. a few years ago we were going for blues in the winter on a lake north of me, and found two bucks on the side of the road, headless. we called the game warden and he came out to check our licenses, and said they were probably decapitated by a vehicle. that made me almost as mad as seeing the headless deer.

17. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    There are two kinds of hunters. Those of us who hunt for the passion of nature and the game we hunt, then there are the ones who hunt just because they think it's "cool" or want to fit in to some sort of class of something! I don't include poachers in this as they are not hunters, they're criminals!!! I'm not defending anyone, but I think some of this is the side effects of the promotion of our sport. Ethical hunters have been prolific for years, but we didn't have alot of support from the manufacturers. Now, we've got more gear than one needs for hunting, but at least now we've got lots of things to choose from for each individual taste.

The problem is that no matter how hard the industry tries, they can sell everything but ethincs! There's starting to be alot of hunters out there that just don't have the ethical guidance that most of us did when we were growing up hunting with our fathers or uncles. Now, there's alot of people in the woods that didn't necessarily read everything in that hunting magazine that they learned how to hunt from. They also watch tv shows to learn how to hunt, and we all know how fake the majority of those are. It's like watching the movie "Die Hard" or "Super Troopers" to learn how to be a cop!

As precious as time is in the woods to each of us, and I for one don't always want to give up alot of my scarce hunting time, it's probably going to be up to us to take them by the hand when we get a chance and teach them ourselves. Hunting season isn't only when the season is open.

18. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Ya know, I've noticed that the laws that have been coming out to combat all the things the idiots do, don't seem to effect me since I wasn't doing what the new law prohibits anyway. I haven't seen anything come out that keeps me from going out, sitting down, and ethically taking a game animal by fair chase!

19. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    not making excuses willie but are you sure these deer hadnt been hit by a car and just dumped there? i know where a little short road is here close to my house that the state takes road kill too and dumps them i think. last winter there was 15 carcasses laying beside the road and i couldnt help but think maybe someone would blame the hunters for all of this. i know what you saying by it being shot but a lot of times a car hit deer is in need to be shot too. i hunted with some fellows on a club once that hit a deer at night in route to the hunting club. well they took it to the police deptartment and done everything they could to make sure it was legal before bringing it to the hunt club to clean. well once they made it to the hunting club and started skinning it....well it was just a mess on the inside but the outside didnt look too bad. they had to throw it away. just dont make since they would take the hind quarters off one and not the other plus leave the back straps. just a thought since we got so much against us already.

20. flathead willie

State:
    Virginia
    These weren't dumped by the state or anything like that. They were at the entrance to a hiking trail in the National Forest. We are pretty strict about keeping these places clean. Beside, the deer had been gutted. I don't think they were killed there, since there was no drag mark, hair, blood, etc. on the trail. I think they were just dumped there. One was laid on top of the other. Last year I found five dumped next to my house, the same night, on a little dirt service road. One had been de-boned and wrapped in plastic bags. The antlers had been removed from three of them. I know a motorist didn't do that.