Slip Sinker Rig

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by ivan09193, Aug 29, 2006.

1. ivan09193

ivan09193 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    How do you fish a slip sinker rig? Do you keep the line tight or somewhat slack? Do you keep the bail open or closed?

2. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I keep mine tight, have tried both, but prefer it to be tight, with the bail closed. Just had better luck this way. Have heard of guys doing it both ways though.

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I fish mine according to the weather and bait that I am using. For windy days I prefer slack line. For live bait, I use my clicker/bait feeder. For smaller cut bait, 3-6 inches, I like tight lines. For larger cut bait I like slack line, clicker are an open bail. These are just starting points I use and by no means a standard. I adjust my techniques, thhough out the day, according to the fish.

4. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I fish mine tight with the baitclicker on.

5. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    I fish with a slight slack line to allow my live bait to swim,but not enough for my bait to get stuck under or in things

6. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :0a27: 100%,
    That's is what I do, I just go by what the wind & Water Level (Tide) are through-out the day & go from there. :big_smile:

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shaina:0010:

:worship: :0a23:
    Bert & Phil

7. mlohre

mlohre New Member

State:
    Walton, Kentucky
    I perfer a tight line with baitrunner or clicker on and that way if the fish picks up the bait and come to me, I can see that and set the hook

8. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I like to keep my tight, it let ya know when the fish hit.

9. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    I use to fish with a slack line and did a lot better than I do now using a tight line. That was when all I used was J hooks, now mostly Khales and circles, think I will go back to trying the slack line again and see if it picks up any better. Well 1 tight and 1 slack and see which produces best.