Slip rigs? how do you use them?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by meat_hunter, Jun 10, 2006.

1. meat_hunter

meat_hunter New Member

State:
    Clarksville, TN
    i have been reading in the library about the slip rigs or baloon slip rigs. and i was wandering has any one use them and what type of sitiuation would u use them.
    james

2. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    James I use a slip Bobber to keep my bait off the bottom at a given depth. Also a slip bobber will let you know if your bait has drifted into a turbine out let, you will see the bobber go in the outlet. the cats hold in that area weighting for the cut up bait from the turbines to get to them. when the turbines are running the fish will bite!!

3. meat_hunter

meat_hunter New Member

State:
    Clarksville, TN
    so it would work good at the tailraice below truman dam in missouri? or would that be too much current?

4. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    It will work, you must have a weight large enough 1. to cast close the turbine outlets, 2 to keep your bait down. The bobber myst be large enough to to hold a large weight .

Pm me and I will tell you how to make a big bobber.

5. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    I like the big cigar shaped floats. They're great to fish in eddies with a piece of cutbait. You can catch some BIG fish that way.

-Red

6. elalr

elalr New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    i have found them to be excelent below the dam at truman. keeps the bait out of the rocks

7. fishhead

fishhead New Member

State:
    KC Missouri
    I would like to know more about how to use these on missouri river.It seems like it would be hard in heavy current.Could someone please explain?

8. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    James, I posted an idea named, river drift rig, for situations Like Yours.