Slip Floats!

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by CJ21, Sep 25, 2007.

1. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I am wondering what are the best floats for river catfishing? my current floats are only about 2'' to 3''. and when I throw them out there real far I cant see them. I need a float that I can see.

2. OUTLAWWV

OUTLAWWV New Member

State:
    wv
    i use lighthouse slip floats they have a clear top for a 2" lightstick -- i just saw a float recommended and sold by a boc member called fatkat at wild wolfe products that i am going to order and try it also uses a lightstick

3. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    i like the billyboy floats at wal-mart.......they are weighted and easier to throw then the one's without the weight.........

4. OUTLAWWV

OUTLAWWV New Member

State:
    wv
    i used those too till i foundthe lighthouse floats they're weighted too and i didn't have to tape my lightstick on they have a place inside for them

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    The catbobbers and fatcat bobbers that mean Gene sells are hard to beat. And not just because he is a sponsor of this site, his bobbers will set the hook for you with kahles or circle hooks. Great product for a good price.

6. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i have tried a bunch of different floats in my lifetime and they all were lacking one thing or another then a friend,top seargent,told me about noodles and where to get them.i found out that the man who builds and sells them was gene chambers aka wildwolf.they are the best bobbers you will ever find for catfishing.ive cought the 15 bigest fish of my life,im 65,sence i started using the catbobbers.if you would like to here more about my setup and how i use them pm me and i will be glad to exsplain my methods.

7. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Thanks for the info Johnny. I have been using regular j hooks. I have had alot short bites.
    I can see a Katt bobber from about thirty yards away and if you put on a glow stick, you can see it clearly at night.

Jaime

8. Big B

Big B New Member

State:
    North Texas
    At night I like to use one of the popping or plug type floats. The ones with the slit in the side and the plastic stick in the middle. I pull the stick out and use a 8in glow stick. The bracelets work best. You can get a dozen for a dollar at the dollar tree. Target has some for holloween. The green ones work best.

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Read my signature and click on the link! Guaranteed the best you'll ever use. The 23lber in my avatar was on a kat-bobber. Also this year i've managed a 15.5lb flattie and a 11.8 blue on kat-bobbers...Need I say anymore??? :big_smile:

10. jmprice44

jmprice44 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    i like the swim noddles cut into chunks.

11. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Also Gene has the best prices on glow-sticks. I've used the ones you are talking about and they aren't even in the same league. Gene's last 12-16 hours and then freeze them and they'll work for another outing. Tons brighter and last lots longer than those others. I'm speaking from personal experience. Gene's only cost .15 each if you break it down. $15 including shipping for 100. Well worth it!!!
    Also check the link in my signature. He also runs specials for BOC members!

12. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Better yet, meet Gene at a gathering and save the shipping costs. I think he's planning to attend the Chattanooga gathering next spring, but don't hold me to that.

13. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I agree with Catfishjohn. You can't go wrong with a Katbobber.

14. kingdawes

kingdawes New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I gotta agree with everyone on the katbobbers. They work perfect for catfishing. I caught my personal best blue on this bobber and didn't even have to set the hook. I would highly recommend these bobbers