Slip Fishing rigs forever!

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by okiekrawler, Apr 30, 2006.

1. okiekrawler

okiekrawler New Member

State:
    roland ,oklahoma
    i spent the last 2days at the local dam. after 2 days of rain they finally opened the gates. i fished from saturday afternoon to sunday afternoon. i usually fish a 3 way type rig at the dam. after several break offs i decided to try a 4 oz. slip rig. not only did it improve my hook ups, but i didnt break off nearly as often. i also noticed that the kahle hooks out performed the octopus hooks on this occasion. oh yeah , i caught blues,channels and even a few flatheads. no giants but i caught a huge mess for the next fish fry.

2. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Way to over come Bro. It just goes to show ya, that there is always another way to fish.
    I have a hard time changing things up but sometimes when I do, I have a positive out come.
    Sounds like ya had a great time fishin'....

3. TNcat

TNcat New Member

State:
    TN
    Congrats Rodney.........you have to be versitale and ever changing to be successful in fishing.

4. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Congrats, keep up the good work!

5. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    Way to adjust! Keep up the good work!!:smile2:

6. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Way to go! Tryin different set ups, thats what it's about.

7. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Congrats, I've always been a slip rig fan. Nice mess of fish too:wink:

8. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Anyone have a good diagram of a slip rig to include in this thread?

9. okiekrawler

okiekrawler New Member

State:
    roland ,oklahoma
    i will post a pic tomorrow of the rig i was using. i got to thinking about the rig and have a theory. i was uning 2 2oz. egg sinkers on the main line, then swivel, then 18" leader with a 5/0 kahle. i am thinking that the reason i didn't hang up nearly as much was that the two weights seperated at the bottom kinda holdin the line over the top of the rocks instead of letting one weight fall in between the rocks. also when i would break off the three way i always lost the weight, with this rig the few times i broke off i only lost the hook.i did notice that the 25# biggame line was fraid a little just above the swivel. i don't believe the weights did this. i guess you would need to retie every so often but that is better than breakin off every cast. what do ya think?