Slip bobbers

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by r_corter12, May 7, 2007.

1. r_corter12

r_corter12 New Member

State:
    Carlisle,AR
    IS THERE ANYWHERE THAT THER IS A GOOD PICTURE ON HOW TO TIE SLIP BOBBERS IM NEW TO THIS STYLE AND WANT TO TRY IT.I KNOW THER IS A VIDEO ON HERE BUT ITS SO SMALL I CANT TELL EXACTLY HOW THE GUY IS TIEING HIS KNOT.

DO ANY OF YOU EVER SLIP BOBBER FISH IN THE AR RIVER?I WOULD LOVE TO HERE FROM YOU.HOW DEEP DO YOU FISH?I HAVE A DEPTH FINDER AND MOST OF THE FISH I SEE ARENT ON THE BOTTOM.I KNOW THIS METHOD HAS TO WORK CAUSE IVE JUG FISHED THE RIVER BEFORE.ANY INFO WOULD BE APRECIATED.

2. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Gene has got everything ya need :big_smile:

http://www.wildwolfproducts.com/katbob.htm

scroll down, and he has a good picture of how to tie a bobber stop.. Also, I highly recommend his katbobber for floating live bait ......

3. r_corter12

r_corter12 New Member

State:
    Carlisle,AR
    I WAS ALSO WONDERING IF ANY OF YOU THOUGHT A 20 OZ BOTTLE WITH A SWIVEL TIED AROUND THE NECK WOULD MAKE A GOOD BOBBER.IT WOULDNT MAKE CASTING A PROBLEM CAUSE I DO ALL MY FISHING FROM A BOAT I COULD JUST LET OUT THE LINE.

4. akwolf41

akwolf41 Master Instigator of the BOC!

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    Thanks Tim for the Kudos. For all your info I have just posted a new May and June BOC Special. Find it in new Posts or click on my Sponsor thread to get there.

Thanks;

Gene

5. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    randy i use the catbobbers to.they work good,are cheep,and real easy to store in the boat or tackel box.

6. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Randy, Gene makes a good slip bobber, they can be bought in a couple of size. Gene gave a very good demo on his product at the Degray gathering. I wish you could have been there. As I have stated on several occasions you will get alot out of making a gathering. Our sponsors try to make the gathering and have their products available for sale. Keystone will be the next closes to you.

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32430

7. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Randy,

If you can make it to the Keystone Gathering in Mannford Oklahoma the first weekend in June. I will personally show you how to tie a bobber stop knot and I know Gene will be more than happy to show you how to rig up using his Katbobbers. They are the best bobber out there as you can use 9oz weights and not sink the bobbers.

8. bigboy113054

bigboy113054 New Member

State:
    Prattsville,Arkansas
    Tony I have a time tieing That crazy knot

9. catfishadore_lady

catfishadore_lady New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Man, I cant wait to get to OK. cuz we're really having a time getting those knots to work.:embarassed: thing is, Randy and I both tried tying them....Went to Jenkin's ferry to try our luck and the only bites I got were from mosquitos.:lol: Oh well, just have to try again this wkend. Anybody got any ideas for a good spot near Prattsville?

L. I. C. (Love In Christ),

Helen

10. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    You crazy ole coot, Nice Avatar! People he is NOT that ugly!!:big_smile:

11. bigboy113054

bigboy113054 New Member

State:
    Prattsville,Arkansas
    OOH yes he he is I look at that face every day

12. catfishadore_lady

State:
    Arkansas
    Yeah, well that's a matter of opinion!!!!:lol: :cool2: Hmmm, maybe that's why the fish weren't bitin'.....:big_smile:
    Nah folks, actually he's pretty good lookin' for an "OLD FURT".....I dont think I'll be throwing him back any time soon.

L. I. C.

Helen

13. akwolf41

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    Helen:

Attached here is a couple of pictures that I made that may help ya.

Gene

Attached Files:

14. catfishadore_lady

State:
    Arkansas
    Thanks Gene.:confused2: But I cant view them until I get 10 posts.:roll_eyes: whew, my fingers are getting sore trying to get all those posts done. Maybe I'll get there by this wkend....:lol:

L.I.C.

Helen

15. akwolf41

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    Helen:

Post 5 more times here in a row

Gene

16. bigboy113054

bigboy113054 New Member

State:
    Prattsville,Arkansas
    Gene I love the way your bobers cast

17. bigboy113054

bigboy113054 New Member

State:
    Prattsville,Arkansas
    As A fisherman I've always fished on the bottom for cats. I highly recamend The cat bober to anyone looking for a new way to fish for cats.

18. r_corter12

r_corter12 New Member

State:
    Carlisle,AR
    THANKS GENE AND TIM THOSE PICS OF THE KNOTS WERE EXACTLY WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR.THINK ILL TRY A FEW WHEN I GET HOME.

19. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Hey Gene thanks for showing me how to tie the slip knot love the bobbers:big_smile:

20. 8898dan

8898dan New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I have fished the AR river many times with slip bobber rigs for cats using the setup in Gene's pictures. I need to get some of those bobbers that will hold up a 9 oz weight though. Most of the time I slip bobber fish is when they stop the current on the river altogether. It seems like the blues will suspend when this happens and I have caught several on slip bobber rigs in the river with no current. Not quite as good fishing as when there is current, but it still produces nearly every time.