slip bobber rig

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by BIGcatjakeJR, Jun 22, 2008.

1. BIGcatjakeJR

BIGcatjakeJR New Member

State:
    ohio
    i was wondering since the catfish are spawing and i heard that the catfish are feeding above ground would it be good to use a slip bobber rig,and what kind of depth would they be in?...please write back:wink:

2. hawk

hawk New Member

State:
    kenton ohio
    A slip bobber rig works well but it depends what the water temp is and if your fishing a lake or river. If you fishing a river depends on the current. In the spring you wanna stay a little deeper but as the water warms you run a little shallower . There are a lot of variables that you need to look at to decide what your setup is going to be . You also have to know how deep the water you are fishing is .

If your fishing a river with a a gradual to swift current tight lining is the way to go . Just make sure you have a good idea of the area your fishing and know where the snags and holes are cause you wanna be in the same area .

3. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    A slip-flaot is always a good way to find what depth the fish are feeding at. Keep adjusting depth until you find them.

4. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Slip Bobber works well anchored in 26 ft of water and cought 9 nice cats from 4.5 to 32.6 lbs on cut mullet this weekend in the Mobile Rivere water temp was 87 The key is keep adj. until you find them I always start at 2ft and go from there I well set out three poles at 2,3 and 5 and don't fish but about 15 min before I change

5. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    A float is a good way to cover a lot of water. But you will have to play around with the depth to find where the fish are feeding.

6. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    i always have one rigged with a bobber waiting,or have one out in the water.

7. BIGcatjakeJR

BIGcatjakeJR New Member

State:
    ohio
    thanks for the info guys