slip bobber rig - Where to put the tie?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by cbiblis, Dec 5, 2008.

1. cbiblis

cbiblis New Member

State:
    north carolina
    How do y'all measure where to put the tie for the slip bobber rig. I usually measure by stretching the line with my arm out and touch my nose looking forward with the other hand around 3'. I was also wondering if there was a line counter that could be used for more accurate measurements that could stay on the pole all the time.

2. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    I go by the lenghth of the rod :wink:

3. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I use a home made slip float and usually just free line a live Bluegill with about 6' of line. This way the live bait can come up to the surface and make some racket on top. Or it can swim down to 6' deep ....either way is really productive for spring and summer lakes and reservoiors.:wink:

4. Sonny Kemp

Sonny Kemp New Member

State:
    Tn
    I hold a tape measure between my thumb and forefinger on left hand.Stretch that arm left as far as you can.Hold tape between thumb and forefinger of right hand and stretch as far right as you can letting tape slide between fingers.Grip tape at end of tape when you stop and see how far that is.Do it several times to be pretty accurate.Then hold hook in left hand and slide knot with right.That is 65 in. on me consistantly.Anywhere in between that and Im guessing.:roll_eyes: Probably not accurate enough for some but works for me.

5. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    If your rod is 7ft pull the line down the butt of the rod. You have seven feet. And then I mark a spot 1ft from the reel toward the first eye with colored electrical tape. Pull out line from the reel to that mark and you have 1 ft of line. Need 4 ft pull out to it 4 and that is 4ft plus if you have 7ft from the length of the rod. That will be 11ft.
    We use this method crappie fishing and long lining for them. Works great for Bait casting reels.
    Other way is if your in a boat I have a spot that I can lay down my 36" measuring board if I need it.
    Pete

6. CatfishAngler25

CatfishAngler25 New Member

State:
    Prestonsburg,Kentucky
    I use the length of my rod. 7ft rod is what i use and anything between i use an educated guess.

7. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    I put it where I want my bait to be.