Slip bobber questions

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by fisherman94580, May 30, 2007.

1. fisherman94580

fisherman94580 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I'm ordering my new rod and a couple of other things from catfish connection tonight, and a few bobbers. I'm kinda new at using bobbers, I know how to use them and everything, but not which ones are good. I need one that can hold 2 to 3 ounces of lead, and around 10 inches long. I was looking at buying the Zing Cigar Weighted Slip Float in the 10 inch. Will it hold that much weight? Also what are some other good bobbers my brothers and sisters use? Thanks in advance.

Here's the link on the bobber I mentioned.

http://catalog.catfishconnection.com/index.php

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Try Mean Gene's kat-bobbers. They are the best bobbers going and just look around and ask the members.They can be deadly. I'd 100% recommend using them,you won't be sorry.I Promise!!!

http://www.wildwolfproducts.com/katbob.htm

3. fisherman94580

State:
    Kentucky
    Thanks for helpin a brother out John! I'll check it out.

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thats what family is all about. Be sure and ask about the BOC discount(if its still going on) if not he has GREAT Products at a great price. I've never heard anything bad about them and prob. never will.
    Also,they come in different sizes and you can get them big or small and can hold a 12-15" bait plus sinker and will do great!
    I can't wait to be able to get a couple but i've read enough from other members that their the best bobber going.
    Also check out his jug making kits and 2 hook leaders.I have a couple and are great!
    Hope this helps you out!!!

5. fisherman94580

State:
    Kentucky
    I just checked them out and they seem pretty durable and rugged, and can handle some good weight. I ordered two of the 5 inch bobbers, with some berkley big game line, and an 8 ft. american premeirt nite stick. Thanks again.

6. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

Aaron,

I personally would forget the bobber you mentioned and check out the website of one of our BOC Sponsors.
    WildWolf Products

Gene is the proprietor of that site and he makes an outstanding product. Trust me when I say that your 2-3 onces of lead will be nothing for his bobbers, even the small ones.

Also, his glow sticks are the brightest and cheapest I have found, anywhere, period!

7. fisherman94580

State:
    Kentucky
    Yep, just got them off catfish connection instead, because I was getting my new rod and all. But thanks

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

I've directed him there.Look up at his quote and he has ordered some.
    Thanks Tony for helping Gene out also!

9. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    yeah yeah, you answered it while I was changing my nieces diaper, that just ain't right! LOL

10. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I hope u have good sucess with ur new bobber.