Slip bobber for catfish ?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by kyron4, Jun 26, 2006.

1. kyron4

kyron4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I fish a rocky bottom lake with logs and trees under the water too; and get snagged about 8 out of 10 casts. Thinking of useing one of those 5"-7" slip bobbers and keeping the bait a foot or two off bottom. Does this work as well as bottom fishing ? Any special way to rig ? Do they cast okay ? Been fishing in about 15'-25' of water. -Thanks

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    They work great in still water. If you are fishing a current then you will have a much harder time. The bobber will keep drifting of course. Good luck on the water and let us know how well it works for ya.

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I use a slip bobber 95% of the time.I like the fact that you can switch depths with the slide of a rubber band and change until you find the depth the cats are at.I've had good luck using this method.
    Good Luck to you!!!

4. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    i love using bobbers i use them all the time when using sonnys and hog wild fishing in small and large lakes

5. Chucklehead

Chucklehead New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Slip floats work great on rivers and lakes/ponds. You just need the right kinds of floats for the water you are fishing in. Pole, cigar and pear shaped floats are the ones to use. The pear shaped floats work really well in strong current. Good luck.

6. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Try visiting our sponsor Maine Wolf Products. They make some awesome bobbers and have specials for BOC members all the time. I highly recommend them!