slip bobber fishing

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by airforceben, May 1, 2008.

1. airforceben

airforceben New Member

State:
    california
    okay so i got the rig down and am ready to go to a nice spot on the sac river that i think would be perfect for this rig...lots of struture and such. my questions is...once i cast the rig out do i just wait for it to come back to shore and then do it over again...i know this sounds stupid but i just want to make sure.:smile2:

2. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    I usually throw it upstream and let it float down, reeling line in as it gets closer and letting line out as it passes. You can let it go as far as you want but I let mine go about 50-60 yards and then reel it in and do it again.

3. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Pretty much a bank fishermans drifting set up. Durring certain times through out the year it can very effective. Good luck hope ya tear in to them.

4. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I CAN'T HELP YOU ON THE DRIFT, I USE MINE OVER STRUTURE

5. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    I use a slip float to catch both channels and flatheads. stream fishing I float the current seams. I cast up and across and let it float down as far as i can see the float.For channels I will start near the surface and work down untill i find where they are feeding. For flayheads I will mostly fish 5ft deep over dropoffs.

6. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    FOR ANY SPECIES OF FISH I USE A BOBBER WITH A BRAIN AND STAY RIGHT NEXT TO OR IN A LOG JAM WITH THIS BOBBER IT DOESNT DRIFT BUT KEEPS YOUR BAITE OFF THE BOTTOM AND HAVE HAD VERY GOOD LUCK CATCHING FLATIES CHANNELS AND LARGEMOUTH BASS WITH IT

7. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I use a slip bobber all the time around snag areas.

8. ken_hawk

ken_hawk New Member

State:
    Halstead, Kansas
    I like to drift fish with a Katbobber over structure and dropoffs. Works well for all species.