Slinky weights (helpful Link)

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by bigblue1, Sep 16, 2008.

1. bigblue1

bigblue1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I saw in an earlier post, people were looking for tips on finding slinky weight materials. I found this site a few months ago. They have the cord and buckshot in a couple sizes. Just don/t waste your money on the loading tool like I did. I found it was too large for cord. I used a straw. Awesome folks to deal with. http://fishermanshack.net/mcart/index.cgi

2. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Thanks Lee I use that same company matter of fact I just ordered enough a few weeks ago to last me for about a year. They do have everything you could ever need.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Lee thanks for the link. Good looking site.

4. Buckedup

Buckedup New Member

State:
    NC
    What size cord do you guys like best? Do you use the wifes iron to seal the ends.

5. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thanks for the post

6. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    Thanks for the link Lee!

7. mifit98

mifit98 New Member

State:
    Morganton, NC
    Buck, using my wife's iron to seal slinky's would not be well received in my house:big_smile: I melt the end of the slinky with a match (or candle if I'm doing a bunch of them) and crimp it flat with a pair of pliers before it cools. Then punch a hole in the flat area with an awl and you're done (and you're wife will still be speaking to you...unless you've given her another reason not to:wink:)

8. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    bought cheap soldering gun use it to cut and seal the cord. You can put in several lengths of weights (SPACED) and then cut them at one time. Works good for me.:wink:

9. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    Thanks for the info. I added this site to my favorites.

10. Buckedup

Buckedup New Member

State:
    NC
    Thanks for the help!