slinging AND pinging

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by LEROYDOZOIS, Aug 9, 2008.

1. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    does anyone out there play around with a sling?????

not a slingshot but a sling.....

like ya put a golfball size rock in a pouch and swing it around ur head sling:tounge_out:

just curious if anyone does pratices primitive hunting stuff....

i made a sling ft long and chucked a apple about 200 ft.......

very unpratical but its a good way to feed rabits without leaving your porch....:roll_eyes:

any input would be awsome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smile2::wink::big_smile:

2. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i had a leather sling when i was little. i could probably hit a really big barn 40% of the time with it, but man i could sling them rocks far! if you could become accurate enough with that thing, it would be devastating as a weapon. they did it in the old days and killed each other and also killed game. these days we can wuss out and go with the bow. my compound is about as primitive as i get.

3. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    is the blowgun.....

a few years back i got into blowguns really heavily and i learned alot from it.....

looking back i realized when i made my carp shooting blowgun i made it with large pipe casue i wasnt looking for the velocity......

but when i made my others for getting rid of pesky crows and stuff i made it with the same pipe........

the people that take that stuff serious use smaller copper pipe instead to achive higher velocity......

im going to take a trip to ACE and see how much copper is and make a 7 ft. 2 piecer.....

i got to the point where i could shoot crickets runing around with 2 in darts.......

4. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    i would love to get good with a sling but i think i would make a big one to throw tennis balls and then maby make one for golfballs....

ouch !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the only time i hit an animal was a cyote but i was using tiny rocks in a special pouch to make a buckshot effect....

id rather spend more time on a sling then a blowgun cause a sling is more simple + has alot more power

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I had one when I was a kid,I dont rember having any great accuracy ,but Man I sure could chunk a rock a long was with it.

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Leroy, i would starve to death tryin to survive with one:smile2: Hard enuff for me to get an arrow where i need it, let alone chunkin rocks:eek:oooh:

7. cliff n york

cliff n york New Member

State:
    south carolina
    when i was in my early teens i could hit a telepone pole about 100 yards away quite often. i was throwing a rock about the size of a golf ball. i hunted for rabbits with a sling shot and killed some