Slim Shady's

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by rairdog, Apr 19, 2008.

1. rairdog

rairdog New Member

State:
    IN
    Our new nickname for Bighead Carp is Slim Shady (shade-e) Was up in Lafayette today and dropped down to the Bash for some action. We like to snag the SS's and cut them up for bait to catch the kitty's. Then someone watches the bait clickers while we snag these fighting monsters. I landed 2 and we all lost a bunch of the SS. Pulled in some 1" scales. There's some 40 pounders in there. Once they figure out they're hooked it's like a King Salmon run. Zzzzzzzzzzzz. Trebles pull out most of the time unless you get a fin or head set. They're usually 15 feet out from the bank so watch out for flying trebbles when it pulls out. The meat is pure white like a crappie. We keep saying "someones has to fry some up and try it", but I don't want to be the first LOL. We use a treble with an egg sinker a foot below.

One buddy snagged a 36" gar. One buddy caught a 4 lb striper on a jig and twister. No cats. By the time we got some bait and carved it up it started to rain. I have about 5 lbs of fillets if anyone needs bait LOL. It's good to freeze for backup bait. Shad were thick. My casting net is beyond mending. Here's a small one. Only had my camera phone.

Attached Files:

2. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    hey dog my father in law cooked some up while i was over there last week. he filleted and gashed it like sucker. it tasted fine to me bro.(it was a small one) try it and tell me what you think.

3. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    in the pic it almost looks like a record skippie

4. rairdog

rairdog New Member

State:
    IN
    Their eye's are below their mouth. Kinda erie when you first look at one. They look upside down.