Slide Show of some of My Mounts

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Arkansascatman777, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
  2. cathooked

cathooked New Member

State:
    north carolina
    those are some beautiful mounts i need to go hunting with you,one thing i didnt see was ol wiskers mount lol.....

3. Johny Buck

Johny Buck New Member

State:
    virginia
    Nice mounts, enjoyed the slide show!!!!!!!! Hopefully one day I'll have alot of nice mounts like that! :big_smile:

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Nice looking mounts! Thanks for sharing them!:wink::big_smile:

5. Big B

Big B New Member

State:
    North Texas
    nice mounts. looks like you have had some fun.

6. rswell2

rswell2 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    There is a picture in the slide show that has two mounts with three sets on each. Is that something you've done yourself? Would you mind giving me some of the details? I've killed several nice 8's that I just couldn't see spending the money to get the full mount, but I'd like to do something with them.

7. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Yes I do that one myself, It's real easy. Find a flat piece of drift wood and put polyurathane on it. Drill holes into the skull and into the drift wood. Bolt the antlers in place. Go to walmart or somewhere and get some studded or decorative thumb tacks, some camoflage t-shirt material or cut up an old camo shirt, some batting to stuff behind the t-shirt material. Start above the horns and double the t-shirt material and thumb tack it in place the way you want it. fill in with the batting material all the way up over the scull. Bring both sides around the horns to the bottom of the skull plate and wrap it around to where you only see the horns and thumb tack in place. As you work your way down to the design you want fill under it as you go. It's easier to do it than it is to write out instructions for it LOL. But this should get you started and I really like it better than head mounts anymore. Thanks for the comments.

8. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Well done johnny. Like myself your not just a great hunter your a handsome brute too.:embarassed: Nice job buddy

9. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Really neat Johnny! Great fun to see that, but man it went fast. I had to make sure I got a good look at everything, so I watched three times. :cool2:

SNAKE! :smile2:

10. Angler4life

Angler4life New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Great slide show, I particularly liked the rattlesnake and the bee hive.