slide in truck camper ?

Discussion in 'Camping Talk' started by katkatcher#1, Sep 19, 2008.

1. katkatcher#1

katkatcher#1 New Member

State:
    S.C.
    I was wandering are there any laws or restrictions about staying at a public boat landing the camper is one that slides into the bed of my truck and pops up. thinking of going down to lowfalls at santee and staying the weekend.

2. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    not that i know of

3. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas

A pop up camper that fits in the bed of your truck?? Ain't never seen one of those. Where did ya find one like that and who makes them.

4. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    they are the newest thang popup truck camper

5. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Don't build a campfire in the parking lot!:smile2:

6. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Kevin, they've been around for years. Right now, I can't recall the names of the manufacturers, but I'm gonna drink some brain food here directly, and it may come to me.

7. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    Yea, they have been around a long time, and there are several Mfgs. I just sold my 86 Palomino, there great for on the go camping, but we're gettn old enough me and the Mrs. don't need to be that close any more.:wink:

Attached Files:

8. Iablue

Iablue New Member

State:
    IOWA
    They are great for on the go fishing too. I have a SunLite 1992 crank up. It sits on a 99 F250 with a Knaphied bed. All sorts of storage. TV, air, micro, stove, furnace, and a real flush toilet!! Wife doesn't like fishing or camping:confused2:, so dog and me go for several days at a time. Pulling the boat and headed nowhere in particular. It is great:smile2:

9. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    sorry catoon but I did a search on them on the net just trying to look them up and get a look. Found a history of them and they are not new. Ozzy and Harriet had one. :eek:oooh::confused2:

10. katkatcher#1

katkatcher#1 New Member

State:
    S.C.
    mine is a 86 Palamino too. bought it about 3 months ago. truck is a 2000 k2500 short short bed. campers built for a long bed truck but i just leave tailgate down and got a hitch extintion so winch mount doesnt hit tailgate. its got sink 2burner cook top fridge and a/c.

Attached Files: