Sleepy Hollow.

Discussion in 'MICHIGAN RIVERS TALK' started by MapleRiverCatHooker, Jul 9, 2007.

1. MapleRiverCatHooker

MapleRiverCatHooker New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Went to good ol' Sleepy Hollow last night.....for about an hour n a half, damn near got my shirt blown off me it was so windy. No hits, no nothing. Didn't surprise me though, should have checked the weather before I went, wasn't that windy at home! :confused2: Whiskerwhacker, were you out there last night? Cause there was just me and one other boat on the lake they stopped in front of the first island where you told me to fish....I said to my friend, hey that could be whiskerwhacker, my buddy looks at me n says "Huh?!" Nevermind. Anyways, to make a short story shorter, Sleepy Hollow hasn't been so hot for me this year yet....but my friends went out there last week n caught a few nice ones...

2. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    sleepy hollow....

Went there a few weeks back targeting musky. Landed a 26 inch musky and get this: a 21 1/2 inch smally on a buck-tailed mepps Giant Killer! ROTFL!

I dont like bass fishin much at all but an accidental hookup with a big anything is always welcome.

tight lines all.

last time I wet a line was saturday. threw a mepps "0" spinner at finicky brookies for a half hour or so at first light without success, then I had to get back to studying. Although it wasnt quality or quantity, it was something- anything... whatever I could get away with when I knew I could get out and fish a little, if only for a little.
    55 page paper is due in 9 days. Its gonna be a thin summer for fishing.

Sal

3. Whiskerwhacker

Whiskerwhacker New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Good to see you again Sal. I have not wet a line in 3 weeks or so. So Richard, no it was not me on Sleepy Hollow, I'm a handsome devil so you would have known...LOL. I have been working my tail off lately and am also getting very close to leaving for Africa. On that note I ordered a 8'9" telescoping travel rod for my back pack tonight. Hopefully we can wet a line there. Would I be the first MI member to catch and international cat?Anywho, once I get back maybe things will slow down and I can hit the "winter feed" or the "post summer feed" or any feed for that matter.

4. Dave200518

Dave200518 New Member

State:
    Ashley, Michigan
    hey sal, you been fishing rainbow at all? I want to get out with my buddies this weekend. I was wondering if you could let me in on some spots for some cats on the lake.
    Good to see ya again,

Dave

5. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    cats on Rainbow? Yeah- Go to the seawall at Gold Dust Point right on the edge of the dropoff and put a gill out there or some sucker meat.

Another spot is the island past Gold Dust. Cast under the two trees that are down in the water facing south.

Beyond that, along the cattail line at the east shore near the dam is a pretty good spot. Go out from there to the closest dropoff.

Good luck- report your massive catch so whiskerwhacker and Gabe dont think I was out to skunk em. ROTFL

-Sal

HEY-- cool website to check out if you're interested: Lake Superior State's fish cam under the dam in the St Mary's river. Watch the early Salmon stack up at the dam for the run! (Also see lampreys and suckers and whitefish too)

Go here

I could watch this camera for hours and drool. My bro sent me the link.
    :wink::eek:oooh::crazy:

6. Whiskerwhacker

Whiskerwhacker New Member

State:
    Michigan
    We know it is not all you Sal, Tony is in on it too! LOL

7. bwanatony

bwanatony New Member

State:
    Grand River Valley, Weste
    Hey, don't drag me into this... unless of course you're referring to the fact that everytime I take YOU fishing, NOBODY catches anything...
    I always do well before & after your visits, though, so come on over any time you like!

8. Dave200518

Dave200518 New Member

State:
    Ashley, Michigan
    hey thanks alot sal. You're a lifesaver brother