Sleep walkers

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ka_c4_boom, Feb 22, 2007.

1. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    my wife is nuts im settin at the pc and she creeps to the door and slowly opens it looks in thruogh a 3 maybe 4 inch gap and stares straight thruogh me i turn and say yes honey and she says do i know you so i get up smillin walk to her and say i thought you were asleep she backs away still starin like im a stranger eyes all weird lookin :lol: so i tell her to go back to bed i reach for her and she draws away shaking and scared so i slowly back back through the door way and shut the door i guess she went back to bed i didnt hear the front door this time but have in the past :lol:

yall ever have this happen , its funny , but you got to watch them and for God sake keep that gun safe locked :lol:

2. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    Never had that happen before. There are times when I wish my wife would talk in her sleep so I could try to figure her out. You are right about the gun safe...keep it locked.

3. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    My wife has done that acouple times. It creeps me out!
    Bill

4. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    She ain't on "Ambien" is she... That stuff makes some people do some weird stuff...

Ol' Man
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

5. SpaceAce

SpaceAce New Member

State:
    w

That is exactly what I was thinking when I read the first post. That sounds just like someone who takes Ambien.

6. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    nope sorry cant blame ambien , never even heard of it

7. dinkslayer

dinkslayer New Member

State:
    texas
    my youngest child does that stuff every once in a while. They have no recollection of the conversations or actions. Scary!

8. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    is almost 13, and she wants to join the BOC when she does,anyway: When she was little she would walk in her sleep practically every night! One night,her dad happen to have the night off work so we were both in bed.Me bein a mom I wake up at the slightest sound if I think it's our kids I'm immediately awake. Well this one night,we both asleep,I hear the bedroom door open and thru the moonlight I see my little girl approach. I say Jessica,what do you want? She never responds. Instead she climbs up in bed shoves herself in between her parents and commenses to set indian style just looking around. I repeat her name,she doesn't respond, so I climb out of bed and take her by the hand;we walk to the restroom where she uses it,I put her back in bed and the rest of the night is uneventful.Next morning, I question her about it. She frowns and says "Mom you were dreamin I did not do that. She hasn't done it a very long time thank goodness. She was getting so bad I became afraid she'd get up in the night and unlock the doors and go outside. She never did,but I agree it does make a parent or spouse worry!:eek:oooh:

9. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    My son used to walk in his sleep...it freaked us out...he would just stare into space. One evening he walked ito the living room, got down on his knees and looked under the sofa, at which point he anounced...there
    here. My wife guided him back to bed, when she returned I had my feet
    up on the sofa...she said what are you doing...I told her I was waiting for
    her to check under the sofa to see WHAT IS HERE LOL

10. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Nope, never had this experience with a significant other......sleep TALKIN' is a whole 'nother story :lol:.

However, I took a stroll in my sleep a few times the year I was 12 years old. Some of the incidents I don't recall at all and was just told about. But one weekend I was staying with my aunt and uncle. They lived in the same home owned by my great uncle Stan. It's a BIG old historic home in Lenoir, NC (107 years old at present), and I was tucked into a bedroom UPstairs, all by my lonesome. I was scared and a l'il ill at ease.....there was this junk/storage room up there with I don't know what all in it, old dressmaker dummies....flowers from the cemetery, etc. There was a long staircase, with a landing halfway up where the stairs turned the other direction. I was awakened a the bottom of it by my aunt who said "Tanya, what are you doing? Go back to bed.". I did the same thing the following night, but must have remained asleep the whole time.

Interesting, my dad also walked in his sleep the year he was 12. He would get up and turn all the lights on in the house and go back to bed. Nearly physically injured himself walking off a cement back porch (the steps formely had gone straight out, and had recently been moved next to the house) but my grandparents caught him just in time. And oh yeah, he peed in his shoe :lol:!