Slayed some bass.

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by Fry Guy, Jun 26, 2006.

1. Fry Guy

Fry Guy New Member

State:
    Warrensburg Missouri
    So a bunch of guys at work know that me and my buddy Nick(Pinto) fish all the time and decided to challenge us but didn't want to fish for catfish. Go figure. So we said fine and have a bass fishing tournament coming up with around 5 or 6 two person teams. Well on Saturday we went out to pre fish and 3 of them came out as well. We fished from around 2pm untill about 6pm with us two in our boat and 3 of them in their boat. Well they caught all of 3 bass the entire day with the biggest around 3 1/2lbs. Myself and Pinto however caught 14 bass with at least five over 3lbs and the biggest (caught by Pinto) was around 5 1/2 to 6lbs. So I think it's pretty safe to say we are ahead of the curve and had a pretty good day. They weren't talking to much after the hurt we put on them:big_smile:

2. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    That's the crazy thing about some bass fisherman, they think that since they only fish for one species, everybody else does too. A buddy of mine is real into bass fishing, he only started really fishing about 2 years ago, and I've been fishing my whole life. He goes catfishing with me a lot and enjoys it, but he loves bass fishing. Little does he know, before I really got into catfishing, for the first 12 years or so of my life, I spent a lot of time smallmouth bass fishing. So we are pitching lures at Fall Creek one day and he wants to see who can catch the most fish, because he's really competitve like that. So we slipped into the water and waded different holes for about 2 hours, score was me:10 smallmouth, biggest around 2 1/2lbs, 2 14" largemouth, and a few white bass; him: 1 13" smallie and 2 rock bass. He's still my buddy though, and I gotta bring that up every so often.

3. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Some are species fishermen (1) and some are fishermen. You showed them you are fisherman.