Slaughter - Is anyone killing many ducks?

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by Bigbluefisherman, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Bigbluefisherman

Bigbluefisherman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Is anyone kiliing many ducks? We slaughtered them this past week in the Kansas Fields. 6 guys hunting we have killed limits From Monday-yesterday. do the math, thats alot of mallards! I will post pics in the next couple of days!

2. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    There was alot of shooting coming from that way saturday afternoon, I was wishing I had some 3 1/2 " dead coyote at that time. (Sky Blast)

3. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Yeah Mat send us some pics for those of us that have nothing to shoot but woodducks.:eek:oooh: I need to come out yalls way and hunt instead of to AK every year, heck I have a brother that lives in KC and his inlaws live in St. Joe to bad none of them hunt.:angry:

4. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Glad to hear that you are whacking them:big_smile: We are killing some on the river. But, last sunday we went out in the snow and I thought it was going to be a hunt of a lifetime. It was not:sad2: Geese flying all morning, then quit in the afternoon for the hunt.:confused2:

5. jdward

jdward New Member

State:
    Memphis, TN
    Man, the hunting is bad slow around here. Its probaly been the worst opening weekend I can ever remeber:angry:. Ya'll keep whackin em good up there, and maybe save a few to send down here for me:big_smile:!

6. Bigbluefisherman

State:
    Missouri
    Sorry guys I havent posted any pics yet. I will have to remember to post them tonight!

7. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    Hunted the Ohio R opening day and saw a bunch only 3 wanted to play, when I jumped up to shoot I hadnt fully loaded the shell in the chamber so needless to say the ducks flew off unharmed:embarassed:. It is looking pretty slim so far this season but I have only hunted once so maybe it has turned around? I may try to hit western Ky near Missouri later in the season if work allows.

Bill

8. Bigbluefisherman

State:
    Missouri
    Here are a couple of the pics

Attached Files:

9. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    Matt good pics!! We havent done so well on the river either but will be going to put in at miami sunday and wednesday. Any good recomendation fellas??

10. Bigbluefisherman

State:
    Missouri

I have never hunted the MO river that far down. I have fished down that way several times. I know I have found some huge sand bars in that area! Good Luck! Let us know how you do!

11. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    Matt in one of those pics you posted there is a guy that looks like someone from down around here....i think they call him 'super d'???

12. Todd Strong

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    Matt you going out this weekend, I think Craig and I are going to hit the river again Saturday. Hope some ducks have moved down by now.

13. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    Keep me posted on how you guys do!

14. Todd Strong

State:
    Cambridge, Ne

Sure will. And good luck if ya get out.

15. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I went to Grand Pass this morn, didn't get in drew a 96:eek:oooh: They said that they have never seen the amount of mallards that is here now. The area is holding 250,000 birds( they said more like 300,000, but not sure) and that this is the peak of the migration. So if you are around mid Missouri, now is the time to get out. The river should be slamming, most of the small ponds have 1/2" to 1 1/2" of ice. good luck

16. Bigbluefisherman

State:
    Missouri
    I hunted Saturday Morning on the river up towards Bob Brown. We Killed 10 total. Last night we hunted a field around St. Joe and Got Skunked. I know they are still killing them over in KS.

17. Todd Strong

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    Hunted Saturday morning, Should of had a few ducks in the bag, but we were messing with the blind and didn't see any more after that, I went south to hunt an pond and the ice was a inch thick.

18. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    Thanks for the posts guys! We finally got into them on sunday. Only one other friend went with and we both limited out! We could of filled 3-4 bag limits easily. Eagle bluffs didnt do any shooting....I mean 0 shoting:confused2:. However the best part of the day was when we had 2 A-10s fly tree top over us! It was so close we could see pilots clearly! The first plane even gave us a 'wing tip' to let us know he saw us. It was awesome...god bless out military!!

Oh, we were hunting on the missouri river!

19. Bigbluefisherman

State:
    Missouri
    With this nasty weather moving in, the mallards ought to move down here by this weekend. I hope they do, I need to get into some more mallards in the field.

20. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Got allmost 300,000 ducks at Grand Pass. I bet the river is just jumping with ducks