Slammed by storms!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Wabash River Bear, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    We just got slammed by some very fast moving severe storms here in west central Indiana. Tornado watches, 85 mph hurricane force wind gusts, flash flooding.
    I looked out the window and saw my Dodge truck and the wifes Durango bouncing around in the wind gusts, shingles flying, tops torn out of trees, trees snapped off at the base, my yard and crawlspace are flooded. The place looks like a disaster zone!
    There are over 3500 without power in the Terre Haute area alone. Luckily ours came back on. There are reports of semi's blown over on the highway. Tornado sirens going off in all the surounding communities (no confirmed sightings).
    Mother nature is wicked tonight!

2. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    hang tight bro. were out of the severe but had some good ones last night and a few t-storms tonight . it looks like the evergaldes here. now its supposed to freeze and snow a couple "s

3. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    Barry, I hope everyone comes out ok.
    Mother Nature Took a shot at arkansas tonight too. Thunder Storms And some tornados. It was a ruff time for some. It just rained and a little wind here. It has died down now.

4. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    Memphis Tennessee got hammered and there is a SuperCell moving North East just west of me right now. We have a lot of wind and lightening.

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Hope no lives were lost glad everyone is O.K., everything else can be replaced and cleaned up. We had some heavy rains locally but no high winds.

6. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    We're expecting a major winter storm. Anywhere from 6" to 18" of heavy wet snow by Wed afternoon. I don't need this. We were an hour north of home today when it started. Sure hard on an old guys nerves...:crazy:

7. ShannonLane4

ShannonLane4 Member

State:
    TN
    Well hope everyone is alright we are getting slammed right now. I live right outside of nashville TN pretty strong stuff!!

8. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    Were getting hit again right now

9. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Nashville,Tn is getting hit with hail and tornados in the area right now

10. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Gosh, I'm saying little prayers for all you guys. We got a pretty good dose of storms, but mostly just very high winds & rain as the leading edge of the storm system moved through. The temp has dropped about 20 degrees now, & it's much calmer.
    I'll keep thinking good thoughts for all you guys; y'all hang in there!

11. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hang in there,Barry. Looks like all the eastern us is gonna get hammered till weds midday

12. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    unfortunatly ark, tenn, and ky have several fatialities. praying for our b.o.c. brothers and sisters and families. hope you all are ok.:sad2:

13. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    my temo icon say it's 25 degrees is bitter out. my husbabd rook our little dog outside. He sayd the wind was horrifyingly cold. We are told thar we are suppose to get 5 to 10 inches of the white stuff and not ti be surprised if we get 12 inches. So I say don't travel and lets too remember :This too shall pass" Please everyone unless you find it mandatory to do so.This sister cares deepl.:big_smile:

14. ravenloft420

ravenloft420 New Member

State:
    mo
    time to get the chainsaws out and make some money lol

15. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Had a tornado warning here for about an hour.Looks like the Louisville area got lucky damage wise.Now if we can get rid of the rain.

16. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    WE GOT IT COMING TO MADISON TONIGHT , HOPE EVERYONE IS OK IN YOUR AREA

17. yadkinrivercats

yadkinrivercats Member

State:
    mocksville,n.c.
    Barry Hope everyone in your area is ok . Prayers sent from N.C. for the people hit by the storms

18. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    The storm passed through here about 7:00 this morning. There were several tornadoes in the area but we haven't heard of any damage here yet. Just across the Alabama line which is just down the road from here, a number of homes were destroyed. It is still raining here but nothing like it was earlier.

19. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    man weather channel said 27 fatalities this morning. crazy weather. we had severe t-storms mon night, t-storms last night and early this morning and by 11 it was snowing like a blizzard. but not to weird. same thing happened just last mon eve and tues.

20. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    :sad2: JEEZE TOLL HAS RISEN TO 54:sad2: