Skybus

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ryang, Apr 7, 2008.

1. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    So did anyone else get screwed out of some money due to them? My family was going to fly down to NC in May for the NASCAR race and now we are going to drive since this company went under. I knew it would have been too good to be true all 4 of us were going to fly round trip for $140. So keep it clean so we can keep this out of the HI.

2. slowboat

slowboat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm sure your looking forward to a a nice family drive with the wife and two boys, especially the young one, he seems like a real ball of fire. (Are we there yet)lol...sb:smile2::smile2:

3. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I didn't get hit by them or ATA, but I "commute" to Ontario, CA for work a couple weeks a month and ExpressJet had a daily 7:15AM from KC to ONT and a daily 6:40PM from ONT to KC that they just discontinued. I didn't lose any money, but I am going to lose time because now I have to connect through Dallas on American to get there and back.

I was talking to one of their customer service reps and she was a bit nervous since cutting back on flights is usually the first stage in staving off financial collapse:crazy:

4. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    No wonder President Reagan fired them all when he was in office.

5. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    That was the air traffic controllers, not anything to do with the airlines. Speaking of that, I'm pretty sure the ATC guys at Ronald Reagan airport aren't too jazzed about the name:eek:oooh:

6. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages

I might be wrong but wasnt it the same union? Not sure, just asking?

7. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Nah, SkyBus was just an airline. The air-traffic controllers were/are federal employees and the SkyBus deal is just a business gone belly up, nothing to do with the FAA. More to do with fuel prices than anything, I'm sure.:sad2:

8. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    My mom, grandma, sister, aunt, and I'm not sure who all got screwed when ATA went bankrupt the day before they were to leave for Hawaii. They bought the tickets with a debit card, and not a credit card, so they are just out the money most likely. Luckily, they were able to obtain tickets through United, and made it there. Otherwise, they woulda got screwed on their money that they paid for their cruise as well. As it is, they are having to stay there for a few extra days...dang the luck.

9. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Matt we used our checking card (Master Card), our bank said we should get our money back. Have them call their bank or stop in I think my wife had to go to a branch.

10. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Frontier just declared Chapter 11. May want to see if you have refundable tickets if you're holding them.....