Sky Carp

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by catfish_hooker, Mar 2, 2007.

1. catfish_hooker

catfish_hooker New Member

State:
    indiana
    Just curios who has ever taken one to the head:crazy:

A guy I know had his nose busted pretty good this past summer (Took a 20+ pounder to his face running 30mph). These things seem to be becoming a major problem on the wabash and I haven't heard any serious plans to get rid of them.

I suggest we as fisherman band together and rid our waterways of these foreign carp. Who all would be in for a Silver Carp shotgun run down the river? Boats running wide open and 12 gauges.....man now that sounds fun. How bout it.........Locked and Loaded, and if it flys it dies.

If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

Hooker Out

2. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    sounds pretty illegal to me. but running down the river with basebats sounds like a good time! do it before the spawn if you can to keep the spawn as minimal as possible

3. Wyocatman

Wyocatman New Member

State:
    Centralia, Illinois
    Us taxpayers pay plenty here in Illinois, but i'd still double what i pay for a fishing license now if the game and fish dept. would at least provide something for disposal of these rodents. Whenever i catch one i sliut its gills and let it swim off too be turtle food, but many end up laying in the rocks or grass and disgrace the whoile area. I cannot believe the conservation dept or somebody doesn't have a contingency plan in place.

There is no question that something has to be done to protect our fisheries and our own safety..

Dru

4. bluesclues

bluesclues New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I am in brother I took one in the head around 2 am checking trout lines. If they Fly they Die!!! LOL They are a major problem and they are only going to get worse.:0a22: