SkunkMasters new project

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Skunk Master, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Ok guys here it is, the SS SkunkMaster.. It will be ready for the Gateway tournament in August ( I hope ).. If anybody wants to donate parts for her it would be greatly appreciated... Remember I'm a poor ( spelled broke ) truckdriver... hehehe... Can't wait to get her finished and take her out on thee maiden voyage.. I'll rename her when the project is finished.. But between now and then I'll probably have a few choice names for her and my boys that can't be repeated around women and small children.. hehehe

Attached Files:

2. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Ok heres the last one for now.. more to follow as she takes shape.. I guess I'm gonna need some more Gatewaay cats stickers too.. Gotta let everybody know who she fishes for.. My phone doesn't do too bad of a job tqaking pics.. I gotta remember to get camera out of truck next time..

Attached Files:

3. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    So when you gonna be in town and get started? Give me a call if you need some help Harold.

4. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Gotta get some money together now.. The boys cleaned out my checking account buying her.. Of course there wasn't much in it to start with.. hehehe.. Garage is't big enough to work on it inside so I have to do it on nice fishing weather days..

5. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Looks good Harold. Thought you were going with an Aluminum hull though?

I can install some high-tech Skippy mods for a few (several) thousand bucks when you are ready! That's materials only, labor free! Can't beat that!:smile2:

6. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    I was but when this came along, I decided it would be a nice project and I wouldn't need to keep looking.. The open floor will do just fine for a cat boat.. Its 60 in wide at the bottom, a couple feet shorter than I wanted but will fish 2 people just fine.. Should have enough onboard storage for me.. When I get done with it it will look a little different with bimini top mounted towards the front so it covers the 2 seats I will mount there.. Got plenty of ideas, some of them are more labor than money and some are alot more money thaan labor.. It has alot more room in it than my last boat, so thats a big plus..

7. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I'm happy for ya Harry. Things are looking up. Congratulations on the new rig. Well be expecting photos as she progresses along. Dam, I'm beginning to think its possible not even the Skunk Master himself will be in the running for the Skunk Master Trophy in 2009.

8. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    What you looking for in a depthfinder?

1197?

Lowrance HD with sideimaging?

Give us some more details so we can help you spend a wad of cash! Its more fun than spending our own.:smile2:

9. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    1197? Naaaw, that's way too long a rope, with the rock tied onto the end of it.:eek:oooh:

10. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Its gonna be interesting watching Harryolds progress on this project. It will prolly remind us of the monkey and the football.:cool2::smile2:

11. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    LMAO!!! Poor old Harry!!

Congrats Harold! looks like you'll have some fun getting her set up the way you want! Who would've ever thought it???!!:crazy: HarryOld has a boat and our trusty 'ol president does not!!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

12. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Glad for ya Harold. Even ole' farts like me & you need a boat. it sucks having to rely on friends just to go fishin.

13. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Harry, was just going through some of my stuff. I have a few Cabelas Rod Holders, complete with extensions and bases if you would like them. Probably worth 150 bucks or so. Your more than welcome to them if you like that type rod holder.

14. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Way to go Harold. She looks like a good rig my friend.

15. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Git r done Harold. Hope it all goes swiftly and well.

16. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Looks like a good project, congrats and good luck

17. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    That motor looks like the old merc i got in the shed...... Harold you might be in business kid.. I'll get with you later on the S & M numbers

18. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Now Darryl can you see me putting a 1197 on a 350 dollar boat, not only that I would have to carry a navigator with me to read it for me..
    Bob... Now I knew I could count on you , you old fart , isn't it about nap time for you..
    Cuz... thanks guy, all donations are greatly appreciated..
    Willie... you didn't see the bottom of motor... Somebody stole the brand new stainless steel prop off of it, when they stole the seats out of it..
    Nothingt else will end up missing cause the only time she's coming out of the garage is when I'm working on it or fishing out of it.. Thanks guys for the vote of confidense..
    Mike.. I may need your help fabricating new stringers if these are beyond using as a template..
    Kutter... its below 70 degrees again you can go back to the cave for now.. hehehe

19. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Why YES I could frankly, silly old Harold!:roll_eyes::tounge_out::smile2:

You know me better than that!:wink:

20. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Willie... my motor is a M500.. s/n 5110927.. its a 79 50 hp..If yours is close and parts will work how much do you want for it.. I really need a wiring harness off of one.. mine is missing part, they cut some of the wires off ..
    Hey guys, the boat floor projest is going to be easier than I Ithought in the first place.. Floor is out of it now as of about an hour ago.. runners under plywood are fiberglass with rubber coated plywood shims on top of them.. So now I need it to finish drying out under there and do alot of cleaning.. Will vacuum it out then probably go get lights and wiring harness for trailer and order a book for the motor so I will be able to make up a wiring harness for the boat.. Then buy lights etc for boat.. Won't be as elaborate of a job as skippy's, but then again I'm just a poor broke truck driver.. hehehe.. I'm afrain to ask how much a new steering cable will cost.. this one is froze up.. Wiring job won't be that expensive since thats something that I enjoy doing if I have the wiring schematics.. Everything will be fused on this boat unlike my last one..