Skunked Yet Again on the Allegheny River

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by citori59, Jun 23, 2006.

1. citori59

citori59 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    tbartek and I fished the Allegheny at, I believe, pool 6. We fished from about 7:30 to 1:00 in the morning and caught one scraggly 8" channel cat. We used crawfish, tadpoles, crawlers and liver. Sure there were plenty of bites from the smaller stuff but nothing else. What the heck are we doing wrong????

2. Norm

Norm New Member

State:
    Freeport, IL
    Just call me skunk boy. I've been skunked 3 days (Mon, Tue, Thur--rained on Wed). However, I'm trying out new locations, new baits, and its rained alot here lately. I'm trying for larger cats, and I have been getting bigger bites. I used bluegills for the first time last night. So I will go out again on fri, and sat, and sun if no rain. As many have said before, thats why its called fishing and not catching.

3. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    If the waters coming up fish the bank lines with worms and thing they will be there feeding. You can also try some Danny king punch bait I just filmed a show with discovery channel and when you see it you can see dannys bait at work. it put fish in the boat when shinners, 3 different cutbait and chicken hearts & liver didn't.

4. Gone fishin 4 kittys

Gone fishin 4 kittys New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Tim when will the show air. It sounds pretty cool!

5. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    Some nights just dont work for me either. I'm sure theres a lot more to read on all aspects of the weather and environmental factors, but you should also try slowly moving around the water ur fishing on.