Skunked twice!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by upncomincatfishking, Mar 15, 2007.

1. upncomincatfishking

upncomincatfishking New Member

State:
    Cheviot Ohio
    well brothers of the boc,the up n comin done been skunked twice already this year went out sunday and tuesday and got one run in both days.i was wonderin if maybe the water temperature was still too cold cause we couldnt even catch any bluegills or anything and this lake is swarmin with bait usually. so ui figured that the water temp wasnt high enough.but if anyone has any input on this feel free to let me know.cause any feedback is good feedback if it helps.

2. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have not had any luck on catching bait either. I did catch a few bass in a pond fishing a jig real slow.

3. mlohre

mlohre New Member

State:
    Walton, Kentucky
    i have found during thewinter and early spring the bait fish Bulegills are deeper and bit real slow.:0a23:

4. Silverwmark

Silverwmark New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I caught 4 Friday, 1 Sunday and 4 channel again Wednesday on cut shad on the GMR. Fishing was slow, but at least it relieved that bad case of the "shakes" I was having from not fishing in so long....

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    water temp. is pretty cold yet. i have been catching plenty of crappies and bluegill. all of them fishing slow with little ice-jigs below a slip float... tipping them with a wax worm...even the crappies i have been getting are coming on them..tried minnows, not much luck.