Skunked Twice So Far in Illinoise

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Doyle, Apr 5, 2006.

1. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I went over to Clinton Lake and hooked up on the cable yesterday. Didn’t lose a shad. The cable was full of boats. Several guys using worms were catching perch and carp. I seen one catfish caught. The fellows place I took on the cable said they were active earlier but stopped biting when they seen me…..maybe. The wind out of the NW was annoying and cold. I didn’t even hook up the humming bird so I don’t know what the water temperature was. I assume the reactor was running because the water was warmer than the air. The current was light so they were not using full cooling power.

Maybe next time. Stopped by filled my truck after two fishing trips 33$. I better catch some next time, them catfish are getting expensive.

2. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Stay one step ahead of the cold fronts. It will only get better as spring progresses

3. HuntinFerChannels

HuntinFerChannels New Member

State:
    Illinois
    keep at it stay ahead of the cold fronts ull be fine

4. wizkersNworms

wizkersNworms New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Doyle,

Not as much fun to head out to Clinton without any fish! I was there Saturday evening with wife and kids and we had a good time fishing the rip/rap off the bridge by parnell access. We caught several channels in the 3-4 pound range, and a few bullheads--in addition to other bluegill, and white bass.

Every cat we caught was on worms.

Should be picking up soon!

Trent

5. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I think they are really picky with these fronts moving throught, I got several the other day thanks to a fisherman next to me who gave me his left over shrimp. I fished two hours with one fish, with the shrimp, I got 6 fish in the next hour and went home happy.