Skunked!Skunked!Skunked!

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by TOPS, Jun 10, 2009.

1. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Well Steve and I went fishing today, We got shunked! I fished all my holes,Had one good run but I slow on the draw.

2. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    Well Top we can't catch fish all the time, this just gives us a reason to go again. I had a blast, it sure beats work.

3. Dave53

Dave53 New Member

State:
    Lonedell M
    Top, I think it is just finding your river mojo..I've been out 3 times already and not one cat fish to show for it..but damn, I had a really good time! Nothing like being spralled out with your feet up looking at the river as the water tries to rock you to sleep. I remember a couple years ago I had a drought like this then the next time I caught more than I could eat!

4. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Top- don't feel bad! I have never seen anything as pitiful as this. I can't get a fish to bite to save my life right now. been fishing everywhere and have had no luck!!!

5. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    guess that why they call it fishin and not catchin.fishin is fun but catchin is better.i think everybody has their slump periods, atleast i do. but when you do get in um, it makes it that much sweeter.

6. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Ive been skunked the last three times too. But its not just the fishing I enjoy, its being outside takeing in nature and weather. Its so relaxing. I know our day will come soon, jus never give up and have a positive outlook.

7. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    Exactly. But do so with caution as it can be a sedative at times!

8. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Any one got any Dynamite . Need something to wake these fish up.And I thought I was the only one being skunked.It's go to get better sooner or later.Sure hope it's on the sooner end.
    Still better than WORKING .:big_smile:

9. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Spawning this month . just find somethin else, pour sinkers, respool, boat maint. Get ready to hit it hard real soon. :wink:

10. buckethead

buckethead New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Hey,

If it will make everyone feel any better it is the same way over here,
    Eddie said he got ""Skunked"" I did manage to catch 3 on Wensday, just small ones, I fished for 8 hours in the river and never got a bite, so got mad ((LOL)) and went over to a relief off of the Black River, and that is where I caught the little ones,the current was not as bad in there.
    The weather is bad over here too, rained each day this week,rivers are flooded again,cant see the boat ramp,they are getting hammered just south of here right now, Tornado warnings for just about the whole eastern half of the state, headed for Tennesse and Mississippi.

hope it gets better soon.

cliff:roll_eyes:

11. don3778

don3778 New Member

State:
    Walkervill
    Catfishing gets really hard this time of the year almost every year. I usually use this time to take my friends that don't like catfishing so much to do some other fishing, like bream fishing or bass fishing in the local creek or lake. I've been several times to a local creek not far from the house called Dorchete Creek. I've been catching some really big goggeleye and bream and occasionally a really good crappie. Fishing to me is not going after a certain species even though I do like catfishing best, but being able to get out there and be in nature, see the birds, the snakes, the gators and the turtles. I really enjoy slowly paddling my little 12 foot boat up the creek dipping my gob of worms in and out of in between the cypress knees and stumps expecting anytime that there will be that big thump of a big goggleye or big bream on the end of my line and really enjoy it even more when I get the chance to share this experience with a family member or friend. Now that is life to me, as was taught me by my Dad, God rest his soul. He still gets to see the creeks thru my eyes.

Get out there and go fishing for something, it doesn't have to be for catfish, just enjoy being there.

don3778

12. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Theres other kinds of fish???? :eek:oooh::smile2: I agree with Don, I have wanted to catch a Walleye for sometime, I have never caught one and our local lake supposedly has them in it. I hear they taste real good. So, I reckon I will get some Minnows and try it one night next week.

13. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Well I belong to the skunked club to I don,t think I could buy a fish