Skunked on the Ohio AGAIN!

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Dbeals05, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Dbeals05

Dbeals05 Member

State:
    Ohio
    Fishing with Crappie and Bulegill from 9pm to 2am and not one single bite. Is anyone having any luck on the Ohio???

2. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Yeah but not much, seems like most of our fish have came from drifting with cut bait, we did catch a 45# flatty last weekend on fresh cut shad, but it wasn't like he hammered the bait either we didnt even know he was there. Try using some cut bait, I know generally when the current is as crappy as it has been the live is better, but for some reason this year that hasn't been the case. Even know the water is stagnent, they are still searching for that cut bait....weird:eek:oooh:

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Was there last night. Myu friend an I caught 7 channels all under 6lb an caught one flat with a weight of 3lbs. What I found out was the big ones were not biting where we were fishing for sure. A Nothing was hitting live bait so went to cut shad an thats what the fish wanted

4. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    Went out last night the bite was slow a front was coming in caught 5 in three hours on cut skipjack. My opinion drifting would have did well last night. I would have drifted but there were some boats anchored around me last night. All cats under 11 pounds.

5. Dbeals05

Dbeals05 Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm going again on Saturday night. If i dont get a bite, im packing it in until next year!

6. Dbeals05

Dbeals05 Member

State:
    Ohio
    Also, if anyone knows where to get some shad around me, LET ME KNOW!

7. Desode

Desode New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Don't hang it up till next year , The fall bite is on the way. We just need the weather to cool things off. The river is in the 80's and they aren't going to get aggressive in that kind of water temp. Hang in there, take a couple of weeks off but you'll miss some of the best fishing if you don't go during the fall.
    Hang in there Matt , AKA DESODE

8. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I've used Shad every time out and right now I don't think that's the right bait. I have not hardly caught anything on it. I've a least caught a few small ones on shrimp.