Skunked on the GMR today

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by TheRiverRat, Aug 7, 2009.

1. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    went down to the GMR today for about 6 hrs with large live chubs ,shinners, and gills ......not a bite, thats three day trips in a row not caught a single flat (on GMR)............RAT

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Rat, I have taken many skunkings in the last month, your experience today is why I am not fishing yet, another week or 2 and things should tyrn around and stay good thru the fall.

3. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    could be worse you could have my record:smile2:

4. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    nope i did catch some blue gills earlier so it couldnt be that bad haha :wink: ....RAT

Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  5. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Were you fishing those dams? They're not so good man. =/

6. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    i was about 250 yards to the left of the new dam.i usually have good luck there, but not lately :sad2:...RAT

7. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I'm praying to the fishing gods that my spot is low enough to get to the prime fishing spot this Sunday. You're more than welcome to meet up with us if you want. Will be me & my neighbor and maybe a few BoC guys if they're down for it.

This spot has failed to produce for me, yet.

8. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    where are u going to be and are u on a boat?......RAT

9. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Nope, not on a boat. And we'll be down on River Rd just a little bit past Heritage Park. From there it's a little walk. I won't go into anymore detail as I don't want the spot anymore known than what it already is. :smile2:

Last time we went my buddy lost a reeeeeeeeally good size flathead at the bank because of him rolling around. Big channels come out of the spot, and I'm 120% positive there's big flatheads in there. I've had runs on them but I've never had the appropriate gear to get them in - I can't wait until the next hawg makes the mistake of biting down now!

10. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Just got home from the Gmr.The rivers way down.Another thing in your spot the Hamilton county corps of engineers left a little barrier for ya as well in a few others.

11. bigfish08

bigfish08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    your not the only one not catching any.. i fished with a buddy up on my home stretch with gills and carp.. not one run:eek:oooh: which was a first for this particular spot.. im going to try again in a couple days except this time im canoeing in to a spot in the boonies ive been wanting to fish... i hope the gmr picks up!

12. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Never said I didnt catch anything Bro.Just didnt say where I Fished.

13. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    ok did you catch any? lol..........RAT

14. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Aaron when your having those kind of nights have you tried to cut the baits such as the large chubs an see what happens? I was on the Muskingum one night an we were fishing with no bites. I decided to cut the chubs an caught two flats. The others with me caught zero on live baits.

15. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    no ivebeen using all live, but ive always had good luck on live there :confused2:.....RAT

16. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    rat maybe take liver and get channels they hit this time of year as well real good rick